Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 28 February, 2018, 03:25:00 PM
Good God. Does any of this actually matter?

It does if you're a cherry picker - we need to know when to make the trek to the shops!
@jamesfeistdraws

IndigoPrime

Although you probably don't need to plan it out three months in advance. Unless you are VERY good/mad with scheduling.

sintec

Good God. Does any of this actually matter? My books turn up. I read them. I put them on a shelf. What number volume a specific delivery is going to be in several months' time...? I just don't get it!

I'm watching code compile, a pointless discussion about volume numbers and delivery dates nicely fills those empty couple of minutes.

Southstreeter

Also a cherry picker, and needing to know whether to wait for future volumes when ordering my books from Hatchette (to get the free postage) or just get them straightaway. Apart from vol1 in Asda I've yet to see any of these on sale in an actual shop (in Perth).

TordelBack

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 28 February, 2018, 04:16:24 PM
Good God. Does any of this actually matter?

It does if you're a cherry picker - we need to know when to make the trek to the shops!

This.

Tomwe

Quote from: oddballuk on 28 February, 2018, 03:04:20 PM
It would seem that if Volume 20 is going to be another Strontium Dog volume then two of us have been given conflicting and totally incorrect information about the release of the Hewligan's Haircut/Sooner or Later and Skizz/DR & Quinch volumes.

I've asked on FB again for answers.
Good on you for asking again. FP have been wrong with their Transformers solicits before but expect in this case something else is awry.

oddballuk

Quote from: Tomwe on 28 February, 2018, 05:47:27 PM
Quote from: oddballuk on 28 February, 2018, 03:04:20 PM
It would seem that if Volume 20 is going to be another Strontium Dog volume then two of us have been given conflicting and totally incorrect information about the release of the Hewligan's Haircut/Sooner or Later and Skizz/DR & Quinch volumes.

I've asked on FB again for answers.
Good on you for asking again. FP have been wrong with their Transformers solicits before but expect in this case something else is awry.

Got a response:

QuoteSkizz will be issue 29 and Hewligan's Haircut will be issue 59.

Hope this helps!

gurnard

Quote from: Southstreeter on 28 February, 2018, 05:09:48 PM
Also a cherry picker, and needing to know whether to wait for future volumes when ordering my books from Hatchette (to get the free postage) or just get them straightaway. Apart from vol1 in Asda I've yet to see any of these on sale in an actual shop (in Perth).

Same as that, but Belgium.

Bolt-01

I actually saw a copy of the first Rogue Trooper volume in my local ASDA last night. Totally surprised as I've not seen 'any' volume there since the first one.

Fingers crossed that means it is selling out!

sintec

I think Rogue goes down as the volume which has most exceeded my expectations so far.  What I knew of the character/story before the book turned up didn't really appeal.  It turned out to be far more enjoyable than I expected.  Looking forward to the next volume and the continuation of his tale.

Fungus

Quote from: sintec on 02 March, 2018, 12:08:50 AM
I think Rogue goes down as the volume which has most exceeded my expectations so far.  What I knew of the character/story before the book turned up didn't really appeal.  It turned out to be far more enjoyable than I expected.  Looking forward to the next volume and the continuation of his tale.
Early Rogue is great. Hugely enjoyable. I think. Personally I'll get around to rereading these one day and stop after the Gibbons experiment. I doubt that 90's Rogue will feature, I had the misfortune to read that a couple years back. The irony being, the Ultimate Collection is focussing on key series, presenting them completely, but you can't reprint Fleischer.

Arkady

Is none of the Friday stuff in the Tales from Nu Earth trades?

I, Cosh

Quote from: Arkady on 02 March, 2018, 08:26:07 AM
Is none of the Friday stuff in the Tales from Nu Earth trades?
No. It's the original continuity stuff only.
We never really die.

IndigoPrime

War Machine is good. The John Smith Fr1day tales are at least interesting. Pretty much everything else is a waste of time.

TordelBack

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 02 March, 2018, 08:54:31 AM
War Machine is good. The John Smith Fr1day tales are at least interesting. Pretty much everything else is a waste of time.

Hell of a waste of great artists too.  R. Smith, Coleby, Flint, Weston... tragic.