Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Mattofthespurs on 27 March, 2018, 03:40:18 PM
Can't say it bothers me unduly.
They come when they come. I read them, it's all stuff I've read before, and they go on the shelf.

More or less exactly how I feel about it, TBH...!
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Dark Jimbo

Shape of Things to Come is a weird choice, as it sets up Hammer of Warlocks and the whole final act. Would have made much more sense to have it kick off the last volume...
@jamesfeistdraws

abelardsnazz

Quote from: Southstreeter on 28 March, 2018, 04:50:26 PM
Wondering what that leaves for Nemesis vol 4. That Hammer of Warlocks interlude, Nem v Deadlock, Book 10 and the recent anniversary one off? Would that fill a whole book?

By my reckoning from Barney, these add up to about 140 pages. I'm hoping the Diceman strips will make it in there too. Plus the other photo story?

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: abelardsnazz on 28 March, 2018, 07:08:36 PM
Wondering what that leaves for Nemesis vol 4. That Hammer of Warlocks interlude, Nem v Deadlock, Book 10 and the recent anniversary one off? Would that fill a whole book?

By my reckoning from Barney, these add up to about 140 pages. I'm hoping the Diceman strips will make it in there too. Plus the other photo story?

The Deadlock solo, Tomb of Torquemada, Torquemada's Second Honeymoon... That's another 70-odd pages.
@jamesfeistdraws

Tinmachine

Volume 2 has just been released in Australia, and finally have a copy of Halo Jones.

I do think this is a series I'll cherry pick for the most part. Have the Rebellion editions of Rogue Trooper, Strontium Dog, Robot Hunter, ABC Warriors and Zenith. Just don't want to double up on these stories.

So will look to get Nikolai Dante, Slaine and Nemesis. Although the Nemesis trades seem easy enough to get from Book Depository.

The Monarch

if we didn't get starlord stront (or even robusters) what chance will we have of diceman

Jade Falcon

I know a large part of this collection is going to be long running stories like Slaine, Strontium Dog etc, but what will we get of Invasion/Bill Savage, and will we be getting Flesh or Meltdown Man?
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

sheridan

The Deadlock / President Purity story?

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Jade Falcon on 30 March, 2018, 10:47:06 PM
...and will we be getting Flesh or Meltdown Man?

Meltdown Man yes, Flesh no.
@jamesfeistdraws

Max Headroom

In terms of Specials for Nemesis book 4, I am hoping that all of the following is included:

A Day In The Death Of Torquemada - 2000ad Annual 1984
Torture Tube - Diceman 1
The Garden Of Alien Delights - Diceman 3
Forbidden Planet - 2000ad Sci-Fi Special 1987
Torquemada's Second Honeymoon - 2000ad Annual 1988
Tomb of Torquemada - Nemesis Poster Prog
Warlocks and Wizards - 2000ad Prog 700
The Enigmass Variations - 2000ad Progs 723-729

Hopefully all of the above will complement the end of the regular story and provide the complete experience. If they could be reprinted in colour it would be especially good, as some of the repro in the previous Nemesis phonebooks was extremely murky.

Timothy

All of that would be nice. Are we going to get the final final story from last year too?

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Max Headroom on 31 March, 2018, 02:04:34 PM
In terms of Specials for Nemesis book 4, I am hoping that all of the following is included:

Torture Tube - Diceman 1

Kev O' Neill is a strong draw, so you would hope they've held back those annual/special stories of his to have appear in the final volume. I couldn't care less about Enigmass Variations to be honest (though it'll no doubt make an appearance anyway) but it'd be nice to see all the rest - Deadlock is the one I'm really keeping my fingers crossed for.
@jamesfeistdraws

Southstreeter

I'm struggling to remember most of that Nemesis stuff, and if it was in specials then I may not have seen it before, so it'll be great if it is all included.

Tinmachine

Quote from: Max Headroom on 31 March, 2018, 02:04:34 PM

Torture Tube - Diceman 1

Hopefully all of the above will complement the end of the regular story and provide the complete experience. If they could be reprinted in colour it would be especially good, as some of the repro in the previous Nemesis phonebooks was extremely murky.

You would recommend these over he phonebooks? A little torn over which collection to buy. The Deviant Edition is very tempting.

Tjm86

The Deviant / Termight edition is gorgeous, albeit incomplete as it only includes the first three books.  Arguably it works as an accompaniment to the B&W rendition.  Having said that, I always felt that Nemesis crawled up itself a little after Book 4.  As impressive as some of the artwork was, the storytelling was nowhere near as fresh as in the early books.  That being the case, I'd love to see Talbot's early work colorised but I'm happy to stop with the end of the Gothic Empire storyline.