Main Menu

No 2000 AD for Free Comic Book Day 2016

Started by Molch-R, 06 November, 2015, 12:29:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

Travelling Man had run out of progs by 10:45 so I endured the half hour queue at FP where the kind lady allowed me to collect a spare for Hawkmumbler (how many FCBD pints does he owe me now?  ;))

ming

No 2000AD available here for FCBD either  :(

I've been able to get the FCBD Prog in Norway in previous years but no joy this time around since they didn't bother getting any copies in since 'Judge Dredd isn't that popular here'.  Cue grinding of teeth and general lamentation...  Suggesting that it might get more popular if they stock more stuff was met with apathy, so a bit miffed right now.  We have a small comics event here in the autumn (Raptus) and I'm tempted to take a load of reprints and original art along and go all evangelical on their Nordic asses.  Hmmm.

BPP

Both Belfast comic shops had lots of 2000ad, FP must have had north of 50-60 of them, probably only DC's Suicide Squad was given as much self space.

Sadly I didn't see this thread or I would have asked for a spare.

Picked up 2000ad, Hilda & Love and Rockets for me, lots of things for nieces and nephews.

Placed a new standing order at each shop in return.

top work to the 2000ad droids of another excellent looking issue.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

NapalmKev

The spare copy I had has now been claimed!*

Cheers

*Omg comics in Exeter has a mountain of 'em and quite happily let me take a second copy.
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

maryanddavid

I'll put my name in the hat too, I'd love to get my hands on a copy.

moly

My local didn't have any so if anyone has a spare happy please message me

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 05 May, 2016, 10:54:26 PM
Can I ask a cheeky one? Still being out of the country right now, if anyone is able to wanggle me a spare copy of the FCBD prog tomorrow will forever be in my debt and will be entitled to many a round of alcoholic beverage of their choice at the next Thought Bubble!

It sounds like you got Phil covering your ass, so to speak so I'll pass mine on elsewhere if that's cool.

Dandontdare

An excellent haul this year:

and the whole idea of tempting people into their LCS to spend money worked too as I blew an extra £50:

On top of that, there was a comic fair at a nearby hotel but despite all the goodies on offer, I restricted myself to a JD Casefile for £7

IndigoPrime

Oh my—that is a big pile. I'd forgotten about the Doctor Who FCBD too. Sigh. Perhaps next year I'll get on a train to London, if I can get away. Or, you know, wish really hard that our local comic store will get on board, rather than ignoring FCBD entirely.

CalHab

No 2000AD in my local shop. Bit disappointed. Do they do electronic copies?

Dandontdare

Quote from: CalHab on 07 May, 2016, 03:30:27 PM

No - the whole idea isn't to promote the comics but the comic shops

moly

Anyone got spare copy, my local didn't have any :(

CalHab

Quote from: Dandontdare on 07 May, 2016, 03:37:20 PM
Quote from: CalHab on 07 May, 2016, 03:30:27 PM

No - the whole idea isn't to promote the comics but the comic shops

I understand that, but since the local shop didn't receive any copies of the 2000AD special I was hoping there would be a way to read it.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Dandontdare on 07 May, 2016, 03:37:20 PMNo - the whole idea isn't to promote the comics but the comic shops
Dark Horse has some of its ones online. I don't recall 2000 AD ever having done so though.

Geoff

Mega City in Camden, my local had a few left this afternoon. Didn't want to take two in case I deprived another squaxx who popped by. 

I think they'd happily sell any left over for a reasonable price and P&P. Give em a call, they're a friendly bunch. Just an idea for those who missed out...