Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Professor Bear

Hey, Tony Blair had John Smith killed - the first of many! - so it's a perfectly acceptable means of succession in Labour circles.  I think too many people are already suggesting he'll have an accident of some sort, so my money's on a smear campaign based on all those nonces the Labour party have been covering for all these years, probably a whispering campaign that JC was one of them, or that he was the only person in the whole of the Labour party that covered anything up in the first place.

At this point, though, if he doesn't win, Labour are absolutely fucked, as the practiced blandness of the other contenders just isn't cutting the mustard anymore with Labour members or voters.

The Legendary Shark

Murdered by a "lone gunman," then, who will himself be assassinated before he gets to court. If it's good enough for JFK...
But yeah, a smear campaign's favourite. And vote-rigging just to make sure.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

TordelBack

The Legendary Shark

Well, Tony Bliar never did like Indigo Prime.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

IAMTHESYSTEM

The shooting of Cecil the Lion is a horrible reminder of the grim reality of globalisation. Rich, white American Walter Palmer goes on a hunting holiday and pays poor African locals to find him a Lion to kill. The locals duly lure Cecil into the sights of Mr Ego who delights in killing the animal taking photos and has the Lions head severed as a trophy. We all need a conversion piece like that over the mantlepiece don't we?
When the awfulness of what he has done leaks out Mr Palmer mouths some unconvincing regrets, blames the locals for misleading him and goes into hiding. Meanwhile the two hired Africans face a considerable jail sentence and though not innocent are unlikely to have the resources Mr Palmer has when it comes to any trail.
This ghastly event sums up the state of the world at the moment. The wealthy seem to initiate actions that cross into illegality yet use the law, subterfuge and their wealth to avoid any retribution and it's the hired hands of Africa, who like the rest of us seem to pay the price for the egotism, blood lust and bloody minded larceny of the rich.
Viva la Revolution!
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Professor Bear

We can still reverse this tide if we privatise the NHS and dismantle the BBC.

TordelBack

Quote from: Scolaighe Ó'Bear on 29 July, 2015, 10:45:16 PM
We can still reverse this tide if we privatise the NHS and dismantle the BBC.

Don't forget building a giant fence. There now, everything better.

COMMANDO FORCES

Is that the proposed Hungary/Serbia fence!

Professor Bear

Barbed wire on top of Hadrian's Wall, machine-gun turrets at Calais, and mines in the Irish sea, that's the ticket.

Old Tankie

Just give them all EU passports.  Trains will run normally again, no hold-ups on motorways.  Sorted!

Professor Bear

When Corbyn's in charge, no-one will need passports, just a piece of paper that says I AM IN ISIS and they can go anywhere they want.  That's where we're headed.

Old Tankie

I look forward to that!  At least there will be no need for your idea to divide England up by putting barbed wire on Hadrian's Wall!

Tjm86

Quote from: Scolaighe Ó'Bear on 30 July, 2015, 04:11:18 PM
When Corbyn's in charge, no-one will need passports, just a piece of paper that says I AM IN ISIS and they can go anywhere they want.  That's where we're headed.

My thing is, much as Corbyn is fairly innocuous he is the only one that recognises that there is a need for an alternative to the policies of this present government.  In about 4 years time when everything has had time to bed in and people realise how monumentally screwed they actually are, a lightweight Tory party along the lines we have seen the last few decades is not going to cut the mustard.

In many respects the behaviour of the other candidates in rubbishing Corbyn says more about their character.  Nobody is even remotely surprised at the press reaction which is overwhelmingly negative.  The bigger issue though is that until they sort out this internecine scrapping our beloved government is going to hammer home their agenda with all the subtlety of a battlefield nuke. 

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

ZenArcade

The more I read about Corban the more I like him. The difficulty is the scum media in the UK would destroy him. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead