Main Menu

Life's so drokking fantastic because (the rebirth)

Started by vzzbux, 22 April, 2010, 08:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiplodocus

Congratulations.  I was engaged once and, if I do say so myself, it worked out spectacularly well.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Something Fishy

maryanddavid

paddykafka

TordelBack

Link Prime

Link Prime

Don't stop thinkin bout tomorrow, don't stop, it'll soon be here, it'll be-eeeeee better than before...

Whazzat?
Oh hi chums, don't mind me- just packing my bag for a lads weekender in sunny Benidorm.

Enjoy your comics this weekend, ye feckin geeks!

(* I'm bringing comics with me)

maryanddavid

vzzbux

Had my daughter and grandson round for dinner yesterday. He is allowed out the hospital for 5 hrs before return. Still a long road to traverse but all positives at the moment.
He also has a date for his bowel extension operation.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

TordelBack

That's good news and some great progress, V.  Good on you all!

8-Ball

Quote from: vzzbux on 07 April, 2014, 12:46:52 PM
Had my daughter and grandson round for dinner yesterday. He is allowed out the hospital for 5 hrs before return. Still a long road to traverse but all positives at the moment.
He also has a date for his bowel extension operation.

V

My thoughts are with you and your family. I hope everything goes well.
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

von Boom

Zarjazzer

The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

CrazyFoxMachine

Forumer James Stacey just came round and dropped off a literal shit-ton of 2000ads :D Now... where to put them all?!

I'll have a ton of spares if anyone wants any - full list up in the classifieds thread later in the week after some wonderful wonderful list-makery :D

radiator

Been living in America for nearly three weeks now and, touch wood, it all seems to be going pretty well so far.

Portland is a great place to live - my first impression of it when I visited last year were, I realise now, skewed by extreme jetlag and the fact it was the middle of winter. Amazing what a difference it makes when the sun is out. It's much quieter than London and the whole pace of life is totally different, so it's going to take a while to adjust to, but overall I think I'm going to be happy here. All anyone seems to care about here is; the outdoors and outdoor activities - hiking/skiing/windsurfing etc, beer coffee & wine and the brewing of it, food (the restaurants here are world-class), board games, live music (it's weird but kind of awesome to regularly hear my favourite semi-obscure indie/rock bands playing in every shop and bar) and dogs. In many ways it's my perfect place to live.

I'm consistently astounded by how lovely everyone is, even if they're not trying to sell you something - everyone wants to chat, and it makes you more open and less guarded - the usual British fallback of being cynical and sarcastic doesn't really fly here - you'd just come across as a moody arse.

Though I obviously miss everyone back home I haven't been nearly as homesick as I thought I would be - my main worry is that my girlfriend is far more prone to it than me, and I worry how she'll cope in the long term. Her friends and family are her life, thank God for Skype and Facetime. We're driving up to Seattle in the morning though, and on the way dropping in to meet a dog we might adopt, which if it happens will definitely give us some distractions!