Main Menu

General Lettering Discussion

Started by Bolt-01, 07 August, 2009, 03:29:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperSurfer

Told you.

And there was me assuming you were using Photoshop. Dur.

(Still on CS2 round here. Yet to load my CS5.)

Jim_Campbell

My blog is finally back in action! Sunday Surgery returns to discuss the limits of letterer's role, and the dark art of trapping: http://j.mp/deEIer

Now that I've finished lettering True Grit: Mean Business* in seven languages, my schedule looks a bit calmer and the updates should be more frequent and feature some actual, well, content.

Thanks to everyone for their forbearance and patience.

Cheers!

Jim

*Another plug? Yes, I have no shame.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Jim_Campbell

Well, slowly but surely we're limping back up to full speed on the blog, which means it must be time for Sunday Surgery...

This week brings a quick Q&A thanks to this board's very own Conor 'Uncle Fester' Boyle, who has some pertinent enquiries about sizing, spacing, and some lettering conventions. Check it out here if any of that sounds like it might be of interest.

Cheers!

Jim

Jim_Campbell

With apologies for an entirely Mac-centric topic, today's Surgery post asks whether you've ever looked at the capabilities of OS X's Automator application. I hadn't, and that turns out to have been a mistake that's been costing me time and making my life just a fraction more difficult than it needed to be. See if the little chap could be helping you, too, in today's blog post.

Cheers!

Jim

Jim_Campbell

Not lettering-specific by any stretch of the imagination, Sunday Surgery on my blog has a quick overview of my newfound enthusiasm of the Pomodoro technique for time management.

Cheers!

Jim

Emperor

if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

chilipenguin

Did I see somewhere a guide to creating SFX that acts as a single object but is still, in fact, a text element? By which I mean, SFX that you can go back into and edit as you would any other piece of text but that retains the attributes of an 'add shape' element.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: chilipenguin on 19 May, 2011, 05:45:21 PM
Did I see somewhere a guide to creating SFX that acts as a single object but is still, in fact, a text element? By which I mean, SFX that you can go back into and edit as you would any other piece of text but that retains the attributes of an 'add shape' element.

Yes, yes, you did.

Cheers!

Jim

chilipenguin

I knew I'd seen it somewhere. As always, if in doubt, check with Jim.

Cheers!