Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Quote from: paddykafka on 24 February, 2011, 11:19:10 AM
And in the meantime, here in the Emerald Isle, our so-called intelligent electorate are preparing to swap one right-wing, free-market, capitalist, greed-is-good bunch of wankers for another, equally morally bereft, in-thrall-to-the markets bunch of wankers.

It is simply incredible, isn't it?  A party that couldn't get a seat in SuperMacs a few years ago looks set to romp to victory, despite still offering absolutely nothing but business as usual, with added stag-hunting and gay-marriage-bashing.  I know several life-long FF'ers who normally wouldn't piss on Enda Kenny and his backstabbing crew who are going to vote FG 'cos they know their boys have no chance, but still want to ensure that nothing changes.  And we'll get arch-opportunist and anti-Walter-Mitty Baron Adams on the payroll too - talk about a carcass attracting flies.  It's very depressing.

Dandontdare

Quote from: paddykafka on 24 February, 2011, 11:19:10 AM
at the end of the day, you are a lone voice in a room full of shrieking cretins.

Possibly the best description of modern politics I've ever read.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Take heart lads, at least ye don't live here in the North
You may quote me on that.

JOE SOAP

I'm in the non-voting minority and I think we need a proper cultural shock to make us take responsibility for ourselves, and it is coming. Putting an X beside someone's name every four years is the ultimate in passing-the-buck/kicking-the-can-down-the-road mentality and it ain't democracy either. Things never change within politics, it's always external activism that counts. The way things are going, I can't wait till they make Adams Minister for Justice.

Best I heard was a bloke on a phone one day saying 'well I'll either vote for Fianna Fail or Fine Gael, the rest are just hangers-on'- Jaysus wept.

Old Tankie

I'll tell you what Irish guys, why don't we swap our bunch of wankers for your bunch of wankers!

TordelBack

Though it pains me to say it, no thanks!  I like libraries, me.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

COMMANDO FORCES

What's wrong with you lot, you've never had it so good!

TordelBack

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 24 February, 2011, 06:46:05 PM
"Greece, Ireland and the EU bailouts: the end of democracy in Europe"

The Daily Fail, TLS.  For shame!

Not that there's a lot in that piece that can be argued with, except perhaps the motivations ascribed to those plebs who support the EU project, which are not universally as simple as greed.

vzzbux

All I can say is I am better off personally now than I was two years ago.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Roger Godpleton

It's written by a GIRL. Her office is the KITCHEN and the rest of her columns are about MAKE UP and MASTURBATORY AIDS.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Hoagy

Balls to those hypocrites. I'm telling you England would react the same way as Moma. With zero tolerance, instigations of violence and possible covert operators to quash any rise from mindless compliance and complete subservience.

"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Old Tankie

TordelBack

Never mind all that, Ireland are on their last wicket needing 32 runs off 6 overs against Bangladesh.   Aaaargh the tension.