Main Menu

New and upcoming partworks

Started by rogue69, 17 January, 2018, 03:46:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomwe

Oh my god they have done it again. I honestly thought there was no other series I would buy but here it is. Think I'm gonna sign up to the trial and hope for some more free books.
Not entirely sure how many Asterix books there are. The size of the books might be a turnoff, if too small.
Could also do Tintin, again limited by no of books.
A really interesting one would be Humanoids.

Colin YNWA

Oh I don't do this type of thing but the Asterix books are tempting - just depends how big they are. It would be lovely to have a nice uniform collection but ... well size does matter. I have a copy of some collection or other that's been done in the past and its a little small. If these are the same size as the 2000ad ultimate collections will I be able to get over it???

As for the collection size it does depend a little on what they count. 35 with another in the way couple of compliation books and things like How Obelix feel into the cauldron and 12 Tasks - may keep some back for a possible extension?

What size are they damnit!

Tomwe

The order of the books as shelved seems way off in their images too. It doesn't start with ...Gaul.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Tomwe on 06 October, 2019, 08:13:10 PM
The order of the books as shelved seems way off in their images too. It doesn't start with ...Gaul.

Oh good spot - its way out of whack. It also seems they will have the text books, compliations and not the new volume (out later this year as I recall)

JamesC

I'm quite tempted by this but I'm reluctant to sign up for another part work.
If they included the adventure game books I'd probably take the plunge.

karlos

Just noticed on Amazon that they're reprinting the hardcover omnis from March 2020

moogie101

£12 a book and looks like only one asterix story per book seems a bit toppy.

Cosier

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 06 October, 2019, 08:00:36 PM

They were a similar size to the Ultimate/Mega Collection books.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Cosier on 07 October, 2019, 07:32:24 PM
Quote from: Colin YNWA on 06 October, 2019, 08:00:36 PM

They were a similar size to the Ultimate/Mega Collection books.

Thanks and damnit - that raises a significent doubt as to whether I'll get this...

rogue69

karlos

Any updates at all on the Star Wars, AvP or X-Men partworks?

rogue69

I contacted them awhile back  they said that the X-men had printing issues so it had been postponed and there had been no decision made on the Aliens and Predator

Tomwe

Quote from: karlos on 31 October, 2019, 09:06:53 AM
Any updates at all on the Star Wars, AvP or X-Men partworks?
Well, the Alien Vs Predator and X-Men The Essential Collection test issues have now landed on the Hachette site, so I'd say those ones are likely not to run at all.

karlos

karlos

Actually, massive thanks, chaps!

I've pounced on the first AvP collection - pretty sure this has only ever had one previous HC release: the insanely expensive signed/numbered edition from 1990/91.

Well worth a tenner!