Main Menu

Judge Death Lives Production Artwork

Started by Dr Feeley Good, 10 August, 2010, 09:39:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Feeley Good

These two pages arrived from the U.S today,and before you think i must have won the lottery they are not the original pages,they are production pages from the hardback Bolland book that came out a few years ago ! They are really nice,the artwork and lettering are printed on two seperate transparent sheets,and the white card is only there so you can see them clearly..

Dr Feeley Good

On the second one i posted the wrong picture,that was the artwork without the lettering overlay,here is the complete page and the sheet that contains just the lettering !!also there is a picture of the book that the pages are from !

IAMTHESYSTEM

"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Zarjazzer

Incredible, just incredible. Despite all the intervening years they seem as chilling as when I first saw them. :o :)
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Dr Feeley Good

i took the pictures in a rush,hence my shadow across them..the photos dont the pages justice,the artwork is really clear and sharp !

Peter Wolf

They are Lithographic prints and i wouldnt mind a few of those myself.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Dr Feeley Good

The guy i got them off has been selling a lot on ebay,mainly american comic colour guides,but he has been putting up one Bolland page a week on ebay...some of the pages from the first judge death story went for quite a lot,and i kept getting outbid,but i have been lucky with the last few ! i have got the cover production page for prog 224 coming soon ! i know there not original artwork pages but they are one offs and should look smart framed !

Cpt Rhodes

I am very, very lucky to have one of the original pages from this story.
My wife is always on at me to sell it. If I ever have a fatal accident you'll know who to blame........

uncle fester

That very first one would be amazing in a frame...

So which page do you have, Cpt. Rhodes? Are you at liberty to say? :)

Makes me wonder though. Would all the original pages have been sold at some point? If so, is it widely known who owns them?

Cpt Rhodes

Saw it on display at UKCAC in '94, then bought it from the US seller a month or so  later. He was my fav artist when I was a nipper.

Banners

Heh, it's a great page - love the line from Dredd to Judge Obeng(!)

M@

Peter Wolf

Quote from: SteveMillar on 11 August, 2010, 06:31:24 PM
i have got the cover production page for prog 224 coming soon ! i know there not original artwork pages but they are one offs and should look smart framed !

Lucky you !!

They are most probably scanned from the original art.I did a photography course years and years ago and learnt how to produce lithographic prints but no doubt the technology has changed a bit since then.You could also project the image onto a wall with these prints as well.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Dr Feeley Good

Wow !!! that is one of my all time favorite pages of Bollands...

nev

Cracking work from Bolland, as always.

Dr Feeley Good

This beauty arrived today.............