Main Menu

New Rebellion GNs

Started by JamieB, 29 May, 2003, 08:31:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ukdane

J-BO-1

Will hardback collections (which I still HATE!) also be released at a later date as tradepaperbacks, or not?
Cheers

-Daney

Tu-plang

Yes, I think if it's in hardback it should be paperback as well.

Weren't the Dante colletions going to be hardback?  They'd be better suited to paperback.

And also does this mean that Titan's liscensed material is almost all used?

JamieB

Sorry you don't like the hardback format, Dane. I think it's going to be a case of "If there's sufficient demand" as regards paperback releases.

J-Bo-1

JamieB

T-P: The Dante collections are almost certainly going to be hardbacks, at least in the first instance. However, we're working on a potential way of getting the prices down to a more wallet-friendly level.

J-Bo-1

ukdane

J-BO-1

How will you determine "sufficient demand"?

Is that sales of the hardback? in which case why not just continue spewing out hardback editions.

What makes you think people who buy hardbacks reflect the demand for trades? Surely people who have already forked out ?X000 for a hardback aren't then going to fork out more for the trade (and vice-versa).

Would you consider opening a poll up on this site to see what people are more likely to buy; hardback, tradepaperback (including the various DVD-incentives: script, character development images, etc etc )
Cheers

-Daney

opaque

I would have thought that there would be more demand for books at ?11 than ?20 when to all intents and purposes the only difference is the cover.
Oh well it'll mean theres more for people to buy me for my birthday.

Tu-plang

Aside from the Hardback/Softback debate, these GNs look a lot like the sort of thing we've been wanting for years.  From about 3 GNs a year (Hamlyn) to 'new' boks whihc were in fact reprint of old editions or just crap no-one wants with a poor cover (Titan) to this.

And the best part is that the covers are nice.

JamieB

Dane - for some reason I can't reply direct to your post.

I'm not quite sure why you're taking such a hostile tack, but I'll try to address your questions / points.

"How will you determine "sufficient demand"?"

Via a mixture of hardback sales, emails, paperback sales, the magic 8-ball and any other way I can find to do so.

"Is that sales of the hardback? in which case why not just continue spewing out hardback editions."

"What makes you think people who buy hardbacks reflect the demand for trades? Surely people who have already forked out ?X000 for a hardback aren't then going to fork out more for the trade (and vice-versa)."

See above.

"Would you consider opening a poll up on this site to see what people are more likely to buy; hardback, tradepaperback (including the various DVD-incentives: script, character development images, etc etc )"

No. I'm quite happy to take suggestions for reprints, formats and any other GN-related issues via the site, but that's as far as it goes.

J-Bo-1

JamieB

Opaque:

See above re: things in progress to hopefully bring down prices across the board.

T-P: The plan is to get original series artists to do covers, wherever possible.

J-Bo-1

HiEx

Excited about Necronauts as I everyone keeps saying how good this is and I missed it the first time round.

Little bit disappointed that Sin City is not coming out as a graphic novel :-(

Graham

Noisybast

Yeah, I was kinda hoping for Sin City, too. If they can republish bloody Helter Skelter, why not Sin City?
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

JamieB

It may well do - just not this side of Christmas.

J-Bo-1

Cordite

Got to say I just plain don't like hardback, to the extent that if I can't have it in softback I probably won't get it at all.
Although I might make an exception for Button Man & Zenith.
No! Be strong, man!

Proudhuff

Me? I'd love hardback, The original Titan books, Cursed Earth etc, I have are falling to bits, but french hardbacks, Serge Clerc etc,I got at the same time are still in good nick it makes sense to spend that wee bit extra if you going to re-read the stories more than once.

Huffy

DDT did a job on me

The Monarch

killing time i know it was a hamlyn gn but isn't that due a reprint?