Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maryanddavid

Hadley's a Droid that never quite 'fitted in'.
The nearest was the Indigo Prime story, he always seemed to be mismatched with the story,  really good artist.

QuoteIt's hard to say what'll go and what'll stay, really...
Tease.

Colin YNWA

As alluded to in Pete Well's glorious 2000ad Covers Uncovered Blog

http://2000adcovers.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/carl-critchlow-mean-arena.html

Loving the cover of last weeks Prog (1856) and having always wanted a 2000ad cover since I started buying art I decided to e-mail Carl, as no harm in asking, right. Did'nt expect to be able to get it. One great deal later from the always lovely Carl and here it is.

All normal cliches about in the Flesh (yes, yes the pun is terrible and was intended) count here to. Its glorious.

On one hand I'd still love to own an older cover, a complete image with the logo stuck on, on the other love the insight you get into the creative process with all the extra stuff Carl sent (more pictures at my Comic Art Fans page if anyone fancies http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1066955). Mind having said all that what's better than a 2000ad cover, why I 2000ad cover with a cowboy fighting a dinosaur of course, so I'm extremely happy to have bagged this one.

hippynumber1

Lovely stuff! You beat me to it...

Colin YNWA

Whoops sorry about that Mark. For what its worth having once again spent a fun few minutes looking through your collection it vives me great pleasure to know someone with a collection like yours is interested in pieces I'm picking up I must be doing something right!

Of course if you want to swap for that Dante cover :lol:

hippynumber1

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 02 November, 2013, 10:18:57 AM
Whoops sorry about that Mark. For what its worth having once again spent a fun few minutes looking through your collection it vives me great pleasure to know someone with a collection like yours is interested in pieces I'm picking up I must be doing something right!

Of course if you want to swap for that Dante cover :lol:

You're always doing it right if you're buying stuff you like!  ;)

I, Cosh

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 02 November, 2013, 07:37:17 AM
As alluded to in Pete Well's glorious 2000ad Covers Uncovered Blog

http://2000adcovers.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/carl-critchlow-mean-arena.html
Loving the cover of last weeks Prog (1856) and having always wanted a 2000ad cover since I started buying art I decided to e-mail Carl, as no harm in asking, right. Did'nt expect to be able to get it. One great deal later from the always lovely Carl and here it is.
Nice one. I didn't really pay enough attention to that cover on the Prog. It's funny how the smallest things jump out but I really love the way the dino shadow falls across the cowboy there. Even more interesting to see how the cover is composed of those separate elements and that shadow is added later.
We never really die.

Simon Beigh

Glad you bagged this cover, Colin. I know you've been looking for one for a little while, so just proves that patience is a virtue in this game!

Spikes

Quote from: SimeonB on 02 November, 2013, 02:15:34 PM
you've been looking for one for a little while, so just proves that patience is a virtue in this game!

Fook patience, i want a 2000ad cover, and i want it now!  ;)

But congrats on snagging this cover Colin.
Nice to see those additional images over on CAF, showing how it all came together.
Always nice to get a sneaky peek into the process.

Fatboydale

Had a few hours and found a few complete Dredd Storys by Paul Marshall and Mike Hadley

judgerufian

Latest acquisition from Leigh Gallagher

Alongside (or above) Ron Smith and Carlos Ezquerra.
The Ron Smith Page is from Rabid (if anyone knows the owner of pages 1-3, I'd be interested, please send me a PM) and Carlos' Apocalpyse War page with Judge Libermans failed Emergency Stop. 

Spikes

Cracking stuff, judgerufian.
Really love Leigh's take on Dredd. And of course, you just cant go wrong with Ron and Carlos. Nice vintage pieces!

Skullmo

Next Prog: BLOBS!

Ron Smith is amazing
It's a joke. I was joking.

judgerufian

Quote from: Skullmo on 05 November, 2013, 06:51:13 PM
Next Prog: BLOBS!

Ron Smith is amazing
Ha ha next prog BLOBS is a catchphrase in our house!
Its a great page with some really deft brushwork by Smith plus this was the first JD episode I read which makes it a nostalgia trip too.

ScotiaNova

Although not actual original art I've just taken consignment of a canvas print (1 of 25) of the cover to Prog 61 from Ricochet Prints . . . it is a thing of beauty . . . http://www.ricochetprint.co.uk/

Link Prime

Quote from: ScotiaNova on 06 November, 2013, 07:40:08 PM
Although not actual original art I've just taken consignment of a canvas print (1 of 25) of the cover to Prog 61 from Ricochet Prints . . . it is a thing of beauty . . . http://www.ricochetprint.co.uk/

Holy sh!t they're pricey for a print!