Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fungus

Quote from: Skullmo on 16 March, 2016, 12:21:35 PM
Quote from: Fungus on 15 March, 2016, 05:49:29 PM
Never heard of it. Wilderness years make this kind of thing impossible.

its been reprinted in the floppy

Yeah, Meg 317. There were a lot of years. Terrible, wasted years.

Colin YNWA

Among a number of rather nice leaving presents from work (well almost leaving I'm not gone until next Wednesday, but only 2 working days left) I was delighted to open this... from the Mighty Yeowell

I was wondering why my wife was taking an interest in my art collection the other week!

So a massive thank you to the staff of Rotherham College (particularly the Library Team)

Oh and with apologise as the scan does rather seem to have washed the blacks out a little. As with all of the Mighty Yeowell's art I own the blacks are wonderfully deep.

TordelBack

That's a beaut, truly. The Owl should only ever be seen in perfect B&W.

Where are you off to then, Colin? Sorting the man-cave shelving full-time?

Colin YNWA

Alas no man cave shelving yet (though strangely now you mention it it is time for an up date as much has happened, well in a not much sense...) no on to pastures new and nearer to home. After 16 year (gulp bloody hell) I'm good old FE no more and will be smelling the rarefied air of HE at Sheffield Hallam University from 4th April.

Link Prime

Very nice Colin, a great page from a fun Sin / Dex story by Abnett & Yeowell, from one of the end-of-year Progs if I recall.
Best of luck with the new job too.

Crispynev

Does anyone know if the original art for the cover of Prog 1 still exists?  While perhaps not the most captivating cover given the classics that followed, it remains that historic first page.

Spikes

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 22 March, 2016, 03:46:13 PM
Oh and with apologise as the scan does rather seem to have washed the blacks out a little. As with all of the Mighty Yeowell's art I own the blacks are wonderfully deep.

A cracking page that, Colin. And yes, Steve's art can be tricky to get a good direct scan of, but that looks more than fine.

blackmocco

Well, it would have been rude not to. Directly from the main man himself...

"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

blackmocco

www.BLACKMOCCO.com

hippynumber1

What a magnificent pear! (Oops, wrong thread.)

Spikes

Lovely vintage Strontium Dog pages - what could be better?
I soooooo need a page from this story.

ming

Yeah, great pages from a fantastic story - very nice score, Mick.

Speaking of which...  ;)

Dunk!

Nice pages.

Such a great start to a story - dodgy Stront politics.

Dunk!
"Trust we"

blackmocco

Quote from: Spikes on 03 April, 2016, 11:10:47 AM
Lovely vintage Strontium Dog pages - what could be better?
I soooooo need a page from this story.

Far as I know, he has a few pages from this episode left. Actually, he's got a ton of great stuff. Took me weeks to decide. Ton of great Bitch stuff too.

www.BLACKMOCCO.com

ming

New art inbound; a rare event these days but this was worth coming out of retirement for.  Mick knows what this is - anyone else?