Main Menu

Preacher (TV Series)...

Started by Goaty, 18 November, 2013, 03:04:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 15 May, 2016, 05:17:50 AM
Yet, you can guess & use frog if stuck on that one element they couldn't find to complete the dinosaur cloning.

ThryllSeekyr

COMMANDO FORCES

TordelBack

So the Word of God [spoiler]stops working once the Genesis host explodes[/spoiler]?  Seems like that opening scene would have been much freakier if the [spoiler]congregation had remained utterly silent as they ran away...[/spoiler]

Still, always good to be reminded of Edge of Darkness.

Goaty

Well well, Preacher will be debut in UK on this Monday on Amazon!

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: Tordelback on 18 May, 2016, 06:36:20 AM
So the Word of God [spoiler]stops working once the Genesis host explodes[/spoiler]?  Seems like that opening scene would have been much freakier if the [spoiler]congregation had remained utterly silent as they ran away...[/spoiler]

Does Peter Gabriel cameo ?

ThryllSeekyr

Perfect Cassidey grin there.....

JayzusB.Christ

While there are lots of things I didn't like much about the comic, I'm counting the days.  Also love that they've used the same song Garth quoted at the very beginning. Great stuff.  '[spoiler]Open your ass and holes to Jesus[/spoiler]' - looks like they're on the right track here.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

JayzusB.Christ

Watched half of it.  Pretty good so far.  Sadly, though Gilgun hasn't got the accent down at all - given that it's supposed to be my local accent, I can see Cassidy being very grating.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

DaveGYNWA

Yeah, it's not bad at all. The accent isn't great at all, but that was always something that was going to bother me anyway (I put off watching Sons of Anarchy for ages purely because I knew they ended up in Ireland at some point)

Genuine LOL @ the Cassidy + Cow moment.
Peas sell. But who's Brian?

Mattofthespurs

Just finished watching the first episode on Amazon Prime and I really liked it.
Now I've been a huge Preacher fans for many, many years. My Counter Strike name is, and has been, Jesse Custer for over ten years and the changes in the show to the comic are fine by me.
I'm looking forward to next week's episode.

Devons Daddy

WOW, i mean BLOODY HELL WOW!!
1 minute in i am hooked,  then it went through the stratosphere.
casting was perfect i may add, yes thats it for me,
TAKE MY MONEY!!!! stream it to my Fony head implant now.

[spoiler]you know that noise like a bunny trapped in trap, you ready to make that noise now? [/spoiler]
I so want to say that to an errant employee,  :o :D
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Mattofthespurs

Yeah...It was good, wasn't it  :D

Keef Monkey

Yeah I have to say I loved that and was a bit gutted when the episode ended, could have easily gone another couple of hours of it and it's a while since I thought that about a show.

They've obviously changed a lot of the events, but the tone is spot on and the writing and cast are nailing the characters (Cassidy is fantastic). More please!

amines2058

Another big fan here. Watched the first episode last night and was completely enthralled, even though I was dubious about departures from the source material.
Looking forward to next week now as I can see this climbing up into my must watch group of shows along with GOT, Penny Dreadful, Walking Dead and The Flash.