Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Thunderbolt Jaxon is here!  (Read 531 times)

DavidXBrunt

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
Thunderbolt Jaxon is here!
« on: 04 February, 2006, 10:30:48 PM »
Somehow this had slipped by me, I thought it was another couple of months until it was out. Still, I was pleased to see this in Travelling Man (and to recieve confirmation that Albion is due to restart in April) and have just finished it. And I liked it.

It's got a very British feel and even without the strap line 'from the worlds of Albion!; it'd feel like part and parcel of that, with a similar tone. Whilst the tone is similar the pace is much quicker with enough ground covered in teh first issue to point where we go next.

Dave Gibbons script is concise and reads very well, there's a nice sense of character and action. The art is as good as you'd hope for from John Higgens, that blend of realism and charicatured edfes give it a nice visual look, the colouring adds depth, and there's even a text page on the origins of the character from Dave Gibbons. If you liked Albion you should buy it and if you didn't like Albion, it might win you over anyway.

Super speed Spoilers ahead for anyone who wants to know what happens.

Winter, rain, three kids, ancient artifacts, bastard step-dad, one eyed villain, magical transformation.

Mike Carroll

• Global Moderator
  • Posting Machine
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Website
Re: Thunderbolt Jaxon is here!...
« Reply #1 on: 04 February, 2006, 10:46:50 PM »
Pages and info about Thunderbolt Jaxon now available on John Higgins' website!

Link: John Higgins' website