Main Menu

Don't let the door hit your arse on the way out

Started by Dudley, 10 May, 2007, 12:39:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesC

Someone should play 'Things can only get better'.

El Spurioso

I'm not a fan of his by any stretch, but I thought he gave a pretty decent speech, there.  

Even had an air of integrity about it, once or twice.

Rio De Fideldo

Better the Devil you know?

I for one am not looking forward to David Cameron and his cronies getting in.

skurvy

Better the Devil you know?

I for one am not looking forward to David Cameron and his cronies getting in.

HEAR HEAR!

Leigh S

Yes... its good to see Blair go - a bigger mess up from a better postition is hard to imagine... but the most likely alternative is just such a greater menace.  

I can't understand how people can so quickly revert to the tories after not so much as a decade and some more carefully worded speeches about how they are going to screw us over in exactly the same way the last conservative Government did - only this time with a tear in their eye and our best interests at heart....  

Funt Solo

After the recent council election results from Engerland, it looks like a shoe-in for the Tories at the next election.  David "Bliar 2.0" Cameron was clearly a sensible choice of clone.  I'm sure he'll be an out and out Thatcherite whose only benefit to the UK will be to increase the wealth of the wealthy.

Makes me almost pleased that the SNP are stomping all over the Scottish parliament waving their independance flags.

A recent theory up here is that if the Scottish whine for long enough about independance (despite never actually agreeing that they want it) that the UK parliament will decide for us and kick us out of the Union.

---

And Blair - well, mixed feelings.  He had to go.  If there was any justice in the world he'd now be a private in the army forced to do front-line work in Iraq.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Mike Carroll

Blair was in 2000 AD, The Simpsons and he was the best thing about this year's Comic Relief, and now you're telling me he was a politician too? How did he find the time for that?

> Former US secretary of state Colin Powell said Mr Blair had "an enormous impact on world politics, and he certainly has had an enormous impact on the special relationship between the United States and Great Britain.

... And let's not forget a really, really huge impact on Iraq.

Still, he seemed like a decent guy. A lot less scary than some other heads of state. No, not George W. Bush... Ireland's very own Charles J. Haughey - corruption personified!

JamesC

David Cameron is a bit weird isn't he?
He's a Thatcherite Smiths fan.
How do those two things fit into one personality? He's obviously a Jekyll and Hyde type.

Steve Green

I wonder what the chances of the CPS making a decision on the Loans for Peerages affair are before he finally fucks off?

- Steve

Matt Timson

The sad truth is it won't matter who replaces Labour (and I'm not totally convinced that they'll go under at the next election in any case).  By and large, most of them are in it to line their own pockets and do favours for friends.  It wasn't new when the last Conservative government did it and I wasn't overly surprised to find Labour just as bad, if not worse.  Nor will I be surprised to find that an election won't be held immediately after Tony bogs off (and I'm willing to be corrected here- but didn't Tone once say something to this effect?).

I didn't vote for Tony Blair and I certainly didn't vote for Gordon Brown.

And I like Thatcher and the Smiths.  Though not necessarilly in that order.
Pffft...

Peter Wolf

After all that.   He is such a control freak that he wouldnt go until the last second       .Never Mind  he is now free to go his own way now and probably join the Carlyle group or join some other exclusive club for huge amounts of cash.     After all he has a huge mortgage to pay off  {about 4 million to be exact] .  I have decided not to rant + keep it short.          This country like usa is really a one party state  that pretends to be democratic.   Elections change nothing as it is the political  system in this country as well as the fact its labour or tories that needs a rethink.      

I used to know someone who went to the same school as Blair .   The general story is that he used to get beaten up a lot.    I wonder why   .  Also when he was a Barrister or Lawyer or whatever   it was normal to make sure that he always got the leftover jobs that none of the others wanted.   Same reasons probably.  

Also he was known as being something of an "empty vessel" who has never had an opinion of his own and tends to go along with others very easily and do what they say.    This means he is very easy to manipulate.   This might explain a few things.

Still lets give him credit.  He has managed to escape the catastrophe that is Iraq  scott free.

It could only happen here.  

You can get on with planning that extension to your London residence now Tony with no worries at all.

After all you never meant for things to turn out the way they in Iraq especially as well as here.

As for the Iraquis well thats all their fault isnt it Tony ?

Well i do remember you saying something like that anyway.

Watch the idiotic electorate of this country roll over collectivly like some stupid puppy when David Cameron gets in next.

the song remains the same.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

thrillpowerseeker

GOOD RIDDANCE TO BAD RUBBISH!

TONY B LIAR IS A WAR CRIMINAL

Dounreay

Perhaps we should reflect on Blair's key role in the Northern Ireland peace process, the culmination of a journey which has taken generations.

Maybe we should let history be the judge of Blair's involvement in Iraq?

Floyd-the-k

I don't see why you should wait for history to judge his involvement in Iraq. It's pretty clear now; illegal war, lies, craven subservience to the US, 1984-like change of reasons for the war, dead Iraqis, quite a few dead British.  Like our PM, it seems that he didn't have a choice though - maybe history will make it clear just how much choice he had about going along with the invasion.
  Then again, he seems to have done alright on Ireland and put a bit of money into the social services, so it's not all bad.  At least he bloody left; our repulsive PM is apparently immortal