Main Menu

Round 1: 1 - Michael Carroll or Pat Mills - Ultimate Not Wagner Tourney

Started by Colin YNWA, 29 May, 2020, 06:43:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Well there aren't many in this Tourney that will challenge the second seed and so it was this round. Though far to say there was been a lot of love for the magnificent work of newcomer (giggle) Michael Carroll and we see the cruelty of the first past the post system. As it is a much deserved win for

Pat Mills

Dudley

Pat Mills.  Must be a nightmare to work with, he's written some of the most turgid pages of comic I've ever written, but when he's on form, he is 2000AD.

Daveycandlish

He's been around since the very beginning, he's the grandaddy, his political satire is not so much a nod as nut to the bridge of the nose. His output in recent years has put me right off reading his stuff - I actually skip those pages now. He's Pat Mills.

I'm voting Mike. His stuff is readable and entertaining.
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Rogue Judge

I missed this vote...and since it dosen't count anyway I'm calling a tie! Mills is extremely hit and miss for me having many highs but also lows. Carroll is just so consistently good. I've gotta go, I'm sore from sitting on this fence.

robprosser

Poor Michael. He's a fine writer but Pat is a legend. Mills for me.