Main Menu

Tell me why (Wake question probly)

Started by Dudley, 12 September, 2003, 08:22:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudley

Why do some of the messages on some threads not have a "reply" function attached?  I thought at first it meant that these people had killfiled me (which would probably be desreved after the old slagging match with jonnyeyebrows, in whih i was in the wrong) - but it's different people each time, and I can reply to the same people on other threads...?

Quirkafleeg

Basically there is a limit to the number of replies that can hung off a message (I think)... just pick anthoer one

It's a 'quaint' feature of the board... but it keeps the like of Chuckles out, so yeah to Wake

Wake

From the Help button (bottom left hand corner)

Why can't I reply to a message on the message board?

The message board uses a Dewey decimal system for organising the messages. For example, message 1775.01 is the first reply to the initial message in thread 1775. If someone replies to that message, their's will be 1775.011, but if they reply to the initial message it will be 1775.02.

Therefore any given message can only have 9 direct replies (apart from the initial message which can have 99), and I have set an arbitrary message 'depth' of about 9...i.e. I've fixed the number of decimal places. There is still space in a thread for 10 billion messages (or whatever) but a severe restriction on simple chatting (i.e. alternating posts). I have no intention to 'fix' this. It's just a feature of the way I've written the board.

Therefore, if you can't reply to a message, try replying to another message in the same thread.

Link: Community Help

Devons Daddy

to reply to any thread. find a messagfe with the little circle in it. click it and then post.

dont get to hung up on the killfile stuff. its a passing thing.i have never killfiled anyone.
nor i hope shall i ever need too.

i think everyone of us has at some point been a bit sharp/nasty/down right nasty.to one or more particpants.

jion in a few fun posts and you will soon get the hang of the ways here.basically.have fun.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Slippery PD

I killfile everyone.  I cant read anyones reply :)

Yer Slips

Queen Firey-Bou

"everyone of us has at some point been a bit sharp/nasty/down right nasty."

hey , i might have been many things but I'm pretty sure they aint on my list. Things sure can get wierd in cyber world but i like to think that i remember that people are real people with real feelings, in fact i'm probably a whole lot nastier in real life.

i think i've been maimfiled for being silly or something such. pretty sure I've never been nasty to anyone. & if i ever am or offend anyone with my OTT whitterings, please feel free to mail me & let me know, like grown-ups. whereupon i might just mail you back & call you a big dobber-jobbie-baw-bag, in a grown up manner. whatever.

personally i'm far too damn nosey to ever kill-file anyone. even if youre all stinky poops.

CGI_squirrel

Woolly

Kinda like normal filing, only you do it with an AK-47 and a steely glint in your eye...

Woolly

And your tie wrapped around your head...