Main Menu

Proudhuff & Tu-Plang - The Boarders of Time

Started by Dudley, 30 September, 2003, 10:27:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudley

Congratulations to Proudhuff & Tu-Plang, respectively the oldest and youngest boarders.

Lord Running Clam

has anyone else seen this on Playjam yet?
It takes the form of a top down shooter,with Dredd facing off against zombies.
If you want to find it and have sky digital just go to the screen that show the online shopping and games and choose Playjam.

Proudhuff

Uncanny!! I'm just skanking to Bob Andy's 'Too Experienced'.

Now where did I put that bathchair and tartan blanket...

Huff the Elder
DDT did a job on me

Queen Firey-Bou

hooray ! we shall now all look to huffster for words of experience & wisdom..

and tu-plang for youthful energies, yesssssss we shall drain & steal their fresh young soulsssss...cackle

Slippery PD

Art suggested a poll, well here ya go!!!

See the front page!

Yer Slips

Dudley

...and with 44 entries in, I discover that I'm young for the board!

Shall show more respect to you, my elders and betters in future.  Well, elders anyway.

Tu-plang

No way, dude, I think Soviet Sam is younger than me, and maybe Tor Cyan as well.

Oh well.  Hoorah!

Trout

And now, with 92 votes, there's a definite picture emerging.

Two people have indeed admitted to being younger than T-Plang.

However, some 79% of us are aged between 25 and 40.

Are we destined to continue age with the comic, until it's full of articles about stairlifts and how young people show no respect these days?

I'd be happier if a few more of the site's users had been younger.
Hopefully, this poll's not indicative of the actual readership.

- Trout

Dudley

It might be indicative of how old you have to be to have regular internet access and nothing better to do...

Mind you, that's young people for you, isn't it?  On their gameboxes all day long, they don't have the concentration for writing posts on proper messageboards like we have.  Reminds me, have you seen the latest from young Dredd?  Got him fighting some sort of mutant, they have.  Of couse, you don't get mutants like you did in the old days, with four arms and all that....

Dounreay

Mutants with four arms...?

We used to dream of mutants with four arms. When I were a lad mutants had eight arms. An razor sharp claws an all.

Trout

Razor sharp claws? Pah!

When I were a lad, mutants had fourteen heads and had to keep dying all the time because their insides didn't work right.

Those were real mutants, I can tell you.

- Trout

Tiplodocus

Tha's not a mutant. That's normal, that is.  A proper mutant is and ectoplasmic blob of horror born with fourteen heads, twelve mouths and speaks in tongues from the second the midwife claps eyes on it.  Other people die because it makes THEIR insides not work right but it still has time to get up and do a good 24 hours days worth of bounty hunting before being trapped in an electromagnetic snare for eternity.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Trout

"trapped in an electromagnetic snare for eternity"

Now, that was a plot twist we never saw coming. ;-)

- Trout

Queen Firey-Bou

plot twist ? plot twist ? now in my day you had real plot twists, like when the cowboy turned out to be a robot, or planet earth was a living organism, or the monster on the aeroplane wing was.. a monster, they were real twists i tell you , not like this modern non-linear all been done before twists. electromagnetic wotsit? pffff.

Oddboy

Nah, in my day all the monsters turned out to be...humans!
Better set your phaser to stun.