Main Menu

Ferrero Rocher: Sad News

Started by Dudley, 13 October, 2003, 05:31:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudley

I'm afraid that they are re-making the Ferrero Rocher adverts.

Using English actors (no dubbing)
Without the phrase "Weeeeeth theeeeeese chocolates you are reeeeeally spoioioiling uzzzz"
Without the golden pyramid of Ferrero Rocher.

So what's the point?  Well, the advertising scumbags believe that because everyone liked the old ones, they'll like the new ones MORE, as long as none of the embarassing bits are in there.

Advertising people: kill yourselves.

Woolly

Make a silent protest and never buy them again!

The bastards aint spoioioiling uzzzz no more!!!

Devons Daddy

what ever happened to tradation.????(and spelling)
christmas wont be the same again.
disgraceful.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Dudley

It was on last night, during Tarrant on TV.  And I was right - it's absolutely awful but without the in-yer-face awfulness that made their Ambassador ad so memorable.

Quirkafleeg

What! you lie!

There is a big (in fact bloody huge) pyramid of chocks and a 'you are spoiling us' line in there...

but it's all done in such a nudge-nudge 'let's laugh at how crap the old ad was' way it makes me wanna but my foot through the telly.

Dudley

Didn't hear "you are spoiling us", so my apologies there.  They've kept the huge pile of chocs purely in order to encourage students to create "ironic" homages by buying sodding loads of their product.

Boycott the Rocher!

Krustabi

Ferrero Rocher is actually a fairly unpleasant chocolate that tastes of cardboard. What kind of posh ambassador would give his posh guests chocolate you can get in a supermarket?

paulvonscott

I dunno, I used to like them a lot!  In fact I probably ate more than was good for me as I'm not as keen on them now.  Any sort of Hazelnutty/praline chocolatey thing has to be good.  And the cardboard texture is nice too.

Trout

Chocolate should never be wrapped in foil.

It makes my fillings hurt just looking at it.

- Trout

judge dreddd

its the same here in france, the killer phrase is what makes everyone know the trade name, change that and you f**** the whole thing

not very good chocs advert blokes, spend some money making better chocs ?

Art

They could rename them "Nutella bites"?

Bolt-01

They could rename them "Nutella bites"?

Doesn't she have her own show on C4?

Rotts

Queen Firey-Bou

complain? boycott the product ? imagine if the whole world was kindof like this site, you could go to the rocher site & say, OY NO !, or Tony Blairs site & say OY NO ! and then there would be democracy & accountability & a lack of stupid new adverts that will be rubbish.

ahhhhh, but then every site , for every subject would get its own obbsessive stalky arguey spammy nutjob who would dominate & drive everyone else away, so the bosses wouldnt listen, & we'd be back to square one. Damn those nut jobs. sigh.

damn those nutty chocolates that taste like chipboard.

petemaskreplica

This whole sorry business reminds me of when they tried to do an "ironic" version of the Shake n Vac ad.

longmanshort

Though if you listen very very hard, you can actually hear someone say 'But you are really spoiling us'.

Trying to be ironic is possibly worse than anything ....

ANYTHING!!!!!!
+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++