Main Menu

Rogue Trooper News…!

Started by Jim_Campbell, 29 January, 2024, 02:28:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M.I.K.

My first name's already the name of the Souther H.Q. (if you completely misspell and mispronounce it in a horrendous fashion).

JayzusB.Christ

Milcolm? I'm close, I bet.

A few of our number got mentioned in the Dredd movie.  Goaty got his name graffitied twice, AFAIR, and Joe Soap even got his avatar displayed on a billboard. Much deserved in both cases, but I'm still jealous.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

paddykafka

I suppose there's always the option for the collective forum membership to go full-on Spartacus on this, and change their individual usernames here to "Rogue Trooper". At least that way we're all guaranteed to get a mention in the movie.  :lol:

Dash Decent

"No, I'm Rogue_Trooper_11235!"
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

nxylas

"I'm Rogue Trooper, and so's my wife".
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

Hawkmumbler

"No, I am Rogue Trooper!"

"Shut up Bagman!"

lincnash

Quote from: nxylas on 17 February, 2024, 05:43:30 PM"I'm Rogue Trooper, and so's my wife".

"I'll thump you if you call me Major Magnum again."

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

It seemed like the marketing campaign for Dredd was partly to engage 2000AD fans and to hope that positive word of mouth built up. First part of the plan certainly worked, the fans were in raptures. Only issue was that word of mouth doesn't really do anything for movies. They succeed or fail in the first 3 days. By the time many people knew that Dredd was good it had tanked at the box office 2 years previously.

I don't know how Rebellion is planning to deal with the same issue this time around. Obviously there isn't going to be a £100m advertising blitz. I hope the Rogue movie will be given time to build up a following.

That's not to say that naming one of the GI's "J B Assistant" isn't a massively great idea - it clearly is a vital, vital step on the road to glory - just that it'll take a bit more than getting us on board to make big screen Rogue Trooper a success.

nxylas

Quote from: lincnash on 17 February, 2024, 06:47:39 PM
Quote from: nxylas on 17 February, 2024, 05:43:30 PM"I'm Rogue Trooper, and so's my wife".

"I'll thump you if you call me Major Magnum again."

"Listen, I'm only telling the truth, you have got a very big ice lolly".
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Jimmy Baker's Assistant on 17 February, 2024, 08:40:46 PMIt seemed like the marketing campaign for Dredd was partly to engage 2000AD fans and to hope that positive word of mouth built up. First part of the plan certainly worked, the fans were in raptures. Only issue was that word of mouth doesn't really do anything for movies. They succeed or fail in the first 3 days. By the time many people knew that Dredd was good it had tanked at the box office 2 years previously.

I don't know how Rebellion is planning to deal with the same issue this time around. Obviously there isn't going to be a £100m advertising blitz. I hope the Rogue movie will be given time to build up a following.

That's not to say that naming one of the GI's "J B Assistant" isn't a massively great idea - it clearly is a vital, vital step on the road to glory - just that it'll take a bit more than getting us on board to make big screen Rogue Trooper a success.

Hopefully the fact that it's Duncan Jones directing will be publicity in itself.  He's a known and respected director.

Also he's Zowie Bowie, which I have to admit is part of the reason I gave Moon a shot.  Fortunately it was excellent so the celebrity dad thing isn't even a factor any more for me.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Steve Green

I've no idea how it's going to work, publicity wise

They haven't mentioned how it's been financed, if any main studio has picked it up - Rebellion do have their own distribution company called Central City Media, but it's mostly films you won't have heard of going to digital platforms like Apple, Amazon, Google Play store

It mentions theatrical but it might be one of these limited release deals - then onto digital.

Richard

QuoteHopefully the fact that it's Duncan Jones directing will be publicity in itself.  He's a known and respected director.
Well that didn't work for Dredd even though they had Danny Boyle and Alex Garland. If you're releasing a film, you have to tell everyone yourself, not leave it to existing fans to do it for you.

Funt Solo

As if Nu Earth isn't dangerous enough without vid-vultures like Jones giving away my position.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

judgeurko

Quote from: Richard on 18 February, 2024, 05:08:28 PM
QuoteHopefully the fact that it's Duncan Jones directing will be publicity in itself.  He's a known and respected director.
Well that didn't work for Dredd even though they had Danny Boyle and Alex Garland. If you're releasing a film, you have to tell everyone yourself, not leave it to existing fans to do it for you.

Dredd didn't have Danny Boyle.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]