Main Menu

Last movie watched...

Started by SmallBlueThing, 04 February, 2011, 12:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keef Monkey

You're Next - took me a while to get around to this but really liked it. Good fun horror jape with a good grisly sense of humor.

Link Prime

QuoteYou're Next - took me a while to get around to this but really liked it. Good fun horror jape with a good grisly sense of humor.

I'm always on the look out for any-way-decent horror movies I haven't seen yet Keef, so have added this to my Amazon basket for this week. Less than a fiver anyway!

Last movie watched for me was We Are What We Are, an English language re-make of a Mexican film of the same name (which I haven't seen).
The filmmakers are the creative team behind the enjoyable Stake Land from a couple years ago.

It didn't blow me away, but the performances were brilliant, especially from the younger cast members.

And now I know the leading cause of Prion disease too.

JamesC

Kick Ass 2.

Very enjoyable as a brainless comedy/action romp. It was pretty violent, as was the first film, but despite the Jim Carey debacle I didn't think it was particularly shocking. The best bit was when Hit Girl got her revenge on the bitchy girls in the school canteen.

Theblazeuk

Satanist

Quote from: Theblazeuk on 10 November, 2014, 02:02:58 PM
Anyone seen the Babadook?

As a drama about a single mother with an emotionally troubled child it was great, as a horror film not so much. Though I did like the ending.

After talking about it in the pub and realising I couldnt remember much about it I rewatched PRINCE OF DARKNESS at the weekend. Ignoring the well dodgy hairstyles its still a class act.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

SuperSurfer

Christopher Reeve's Superman. Well, I caught a few minutes of it as I was busy working.

Dark this, dark that. I get it. But Superman 1 & 2 are the best superhero films ever.

von Boom

Quote from: SuperSurfer on 10 November, 2014, 02:52:48 PM
Christopher Reeve's Superman. Well, I caught a few minutes of it as I was busy working.

Dark this, dark that. I get it. But Superman 1 & 2 are the best superhero films ever.

Isn't it sad, somehow, that Hollywood still can't live up to those films?

Goaty

Just finally watch remake RoboCop on Netflix, it was out last Friday.

Wow, is that it? Not exciting, just lame.

Theblazeuk

Watched the Babadook - really enjoyed it as both a horror movie and a drama :)

Grugz

just caught the hunger games on film 4...enjoyed it despite thinking it was a harry potter /percy Jackson thing ....thought the game would be more brutal though and don't know why anyone would team up together
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

Spikes

Buttonman

The 1950's 'The Fly' on Netflix. I didn't know Vincent Price was only a bit part in this. Story was a bit slight to cover 90 minutes with, for example, 10 minutes spent chasing a fly about the house to pad it out. Couple of classic bits and a great ending.

Colin Zeal

The Wolverine - saw this at the cinema and thought it was ok without being anything too special. However it was a million times better than the Origins film. I watched it mainly to remind myself what had happened ahead of my first viewing of Days of Future Past, which I will see either tonight or tomorrow.

Hawkmumbler

Blackfish is possibly the movie thats had me tearing up the most and perfectly illustrates my distaste for sea world. You can't keep an advanced animal in a fish tank, Orcas are too clever for us. Hell,they have the same level of cereberal activity as us. Protect cetaceans, please.

Recrewt

Quote from: SuperSurfer on 10 November, 2014, 02:52:48 PM

I saw Superman 1 last weekend.  It's easy to get too nostalgic about those old films and they are not without their own flaws.  Despite really rating Gene Hackman as an actor, I can't stand his Lex.  One thing that does stand out about those old movies is the way they really nailed the feeling of characters being in peril, especially Lois as she's dangling from a helicopter or about to be crushed in her car.  Those scenes just really get me on edge.

I don't hate the recent MoS, but even with all of Metropolis falling down they never managed to convey that same sense of danger.