Main Menu

Meg 302

Started by pauljholden, 11 September, 2010, 09:09:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pauljholden

Al & Henry Flint on Dredd: AWESOME.

-pj

mygrimmbrother

Agreed. Wasn't expecting flinty on art duties - what a lovely surprise to open up the meg and find that! And a special appearance from an old favourite too.

Also loving Neil Googe's art and Tiernan Trevallion too.

Pete Wells

It's a cracking Dredd, absolutely hilarious! The bits about Mrs Gundefson's heart had me laughing out loud as did the 'M' word.

The thing is, I was 17 when the Meg came out and I still remember reading the first issue in the back of my mates' car on the way to a piss up camping trip in the lakes, all young and care free. Now, I'm a 'dult, spending my day in meetings, bossing kids about and thinking about my mortgage... Maaaan, Al Ewing got that story spot on. 

Pete Wells

And like an idiot it's just occurred to me that Al got America Beaney, Chopper, Midnite's Children, Gunderson from Young Death and Kenny Who all in the strip, all from Meg 1 I believe?

Also, check out the dude's initials and code on the last panel, he's a frickin' genius that Ewing boy.

Keef Monkey

Not read it yet, but nice to see that t-shirt offer, have jumped right on that.

IndigoPrime

Great Dredd, if odd colouring: Beeny appears to have switched race, for some reason (or got a major tan—unless it's a different Beeny).

TordelBack

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 11 September, 2010, 01:30:59 PM
Great Dredd, if odd colouring: Beeny appears to have switched race, for some reason (or got a major tan—unless it's a different Beeny).

Haven't seen the Meg yet so I don't know what race Ami has allegedly switched to, but wasn't America Jara hispanic?

Darren Stephens

Quote from: pauljholden on 11 September, 2010, 09:09:52 AM
Al & Henry Flint on Dredd: AWESOME.

-pj
Ah, bugger it. I have to wait until it arrives in the shops to see it!  :(  The tragedy of the non-sub meg reader...
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

JOE SOAP

Quote from: TordelBack on 11 September, 2010, 01:45:15 PM
Quote from: IndigoPrime on 11 September, 2010, 01:30:59 PM

Haven't seen the Meg yet so I don't know what race Ami has allegedly switched to, but wasn't America Jara hispanic?

Yes, her family are "dumb immies".

Leigh S

Quote from: Pete Wells on 11 September, 2010, 10:52:31 AM
And like an idiot it's just occurred to me that Al got America Beaney, Chopper, Midnite's Children, Gunderson from Young Death and Kenny Who all in the strip, all from Meg 1 I believe?

Also, check out the dude's initials and code on the last panel, he's a frickin' genius that Ewing boy.

Yeah, that was a nice touch - where other writers might ahve just wrote a story around that idea, you also had this great Dult/Juve thing that not only was very MC1, but also spoke for a lot of the audience - all those teenagers who started with the Meg now mortgaged and middle aged - spot on!

flip-r mk2

Heh heh heh I can see Lilly Mackenzie's lady bits.
filip
It's all right, that's in every contract.
That's what they call a sanity clause.
You can't fool me, there ain't no sanity clause.

http://flip-r.deviantart.com/

http://forflipssake.blogspot.com

http://weeklythemedartblog.blogspot.com/

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana

Batman's Superior Cousin

Quote from: Leigh Shepherd on 11 September, 2010, 06:17:33 PM
Quote from: Pete Wells on 11 September, 2010, 10:52:31 AM

Yeah, that was a nice touch - where other writers might ahve just wrote a story around that idea, you also had this great Dult/Juve thing that not only was very MC1, but also spoke for a lot of the audience - all those teenagers who started with the Meg now mortgaged and middle aged - spot on!

Just a couple questions:

1) Where's the reference to Midnite's Children?

2) What's up with the initials in the last panel??
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

I, Cosh

Quote from: Batman's Superior Cousin on 11 September, 2010, 08:21:52 PMJust a couple questions:

1. The story is set in a club called Midnite.

2. You'll have to read it and see.
We never really die.

Batman's Superior Cousin

Quote from: The Cosh on 11 September, 2010, 08:45:33 PM
Quote from: Batman's Superior Cousin on 11 September, 2010, 08:21:52 PMJust a couple questions:

1. The story is set in a club called Midnite.

2. You'll have to read it and see.
1. Thnks mate, never saw THAT one!!!
2.(Spoilers for some)
[spoiler]J.M.G.Zeen
1990 - 2010
[/spoiler]

Nope, still don't get it (apart from his nam and a possible reference to Judge Dredd Megazine!!!)
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

I, Cosh

Quote from: Batman's Superior Cousin on 11 September, 2010, 08:59:17 PMJ.M.G.Zeen
1990 - 2010

Nope, still don't get it (apart from his nam and a possible reference to Judge Dredd Megazine!!!)
Judge Dredd Megazeen
The years it's been published, given that this is the twentieht anniversary.
We never really die.