Main Menu

Digital files need to be higher resolution in the shop

Started by PsychoGoatee, 12 February, 2024, 06:17:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PsychoGoatee

I appreciate that 2000AD lets you download cbz files, this is the way it should be. But they are lower resolution than I'd like, especially older releases. So on a 10 inch tablet the text is smaller, and if you zoom in enough to be close to the actual size of the paper the text is too low quality, pixelated or blurry. And this is also true on PC or other devices.

Other companies like HumbleBundle releases etc tend to have around 3000 x 2000 as the standard resolution these days. Image Comics for example. Even older material like say the first Astro City volume is 1400 x 2150. Your release of say Brink vol 3 is around that, which is ok for now, but around 2000 x 3000 would be better. And more future proof with higher resolution screens.

The real problem is your older releases, which are only around 1000 x 1500. This is way too low, and has the low quality text for reading like I mentioned, if you zoom in to a decent size on high resolution screens. Rogue Trooper, Strontium Dog, all those classics are pretty low resolution, and it's a shame.

And with stuff like The Best of John Wagner release recently for example you have that older material at a higher resolution than that, 1550 x 2070 or so. And I get the impression you do have higher resolution versions of these old books, you just haven't released them? Not sure how much work it would take, but it would be worthwhile in the long run. Hope you fix it sometime.

nxylas

I've complained for a long time that the digital prog and meg are hard to read on my aged laptop. For me, the issue is more one of formatting, though. They really need something like Amazon's guided view. Even Spacewarp had that.
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

broodblik

I would go for higher resolution rather, I personally never liked Guided Views when ComiXology still existed. But I agree lest rather have that to accomodate more people   
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.