Main Menu

How about this for a "Premium Subscription"?

Started by matty_ae, 29 September, 2023, 01:33:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matty_ae

Dear Tharg

I would consider paying twice as much for my subscription if each week came with a duplicate 'virgin' copy of the Prog with no text or logo on the cover - just the artwork.

But only if it came in a cardboard envelope as well.

So one copy to read, one to save/treasure.

What do you think?

IndigoPrime

I imagine for the very few people who'd go for that, it'd probably cost a lot more than double. You'd need to factor for an alternative print run for a tiny number of copies, and the extra weight of 2x Progs + card.

That said, Retro Gamer certainly used to do something vaguely similar, in that subs covers arrived devoid of coverlines (but retained the logo). No fancy packaging, mind, and you didn't get two versions of the mag.

sheridan

I support my FLCB shop so haven't had a sub for quite a while, but didn't the prog and/or meg have a poster of the cover art?

IndigoPrime

During its previous incarnation, the Meg bundled an A4 of the cover art without any page furniture, although mine often got mangled on the way here. (It perhaps would have been better had the sheet been smaller.)

It's worth remembering for anyone who particularly loves a cover that they are available as prints. I bought the fantastic one from 2317 and popped it in an IKEA frame. Very happy with it.

matty_ae

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 29 September, 2023, 02:05:06 PMI imagine for the very few people who'd go for that, it'd probably cost a lot more than double. You'd need to factor for an alternative print run for a tiny number of copies, and the extra weight of 2x Progs + card.

I don't think it's an alternative print run, as the cover is added - that's how they've done the suscribers' copy this week. And that was with 'new art' costs. Does anyone here know about printing?

Funt Solo

Quote from: matty_ae on 29 September, 2023, 01:33:37 PMI would consider paying twice as much for my subscription if each week came with a duplicate 'virgin'

:-\
++ A-Z ++  coma ++