Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

Yep, that's how it works alright. You have to spend the next five years living your life under the dictatorship of a cult you don't believe in.
How does the idea of ignoring them and running your life your own way sound this morning?
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 08 May, 2015, 12:03:31 AM
Jim had the quote of the day - this is now the quote of the evening. What, I wonder, will be the quote of tomorrow...

Quote from: TheLegendaryShark on 08 May, 2015, 09:45:39 AM
This is what happens when you eat all the corn they feed you, little chickens. Although don't ask me for an alternative answer because surely... you  already know it.
Think about it.

Well at least I predicted TLS's smug morning after reply!

Cold comfort though, and I don't mean to be an arse anyway as the "Divide and conquer" strategy is how we got into this mess. :(

Fungus

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 08 May, 2015, 02:38:38 AM
Goodbye Douglas Alexander enjoy the wilderness :lol:

Bit harsh?
I switch on the radio and hear 'Paisley' which was nice :-) I'm no fan of the SNP but a 20 year old girl from the SNP is my new MP? Good on them, I don't think I've ever voted Labour in my life and disaffection there is LONG-standing.

That'll be it for the UK then, referendum, round 2.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 08 May, 2015, 08:13:34 AM
How does the idea of ignoring them and running your life your own way sound this morning?

Like the same enormous pile of horseshit it was when you were peddling it yesterday.

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Jim_Campbell

So... I went to bed thinking things couldn't be any more depressing than that BBC exit poll. Just goes to show how wrong you can be.

Ho hum...

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

The Legendary Shark

Well, at least you can grow roses with horseshit. You can't grow much with austerity.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Fungus

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 08 May, 2015, 08:43:16 AM
Well, at least you can grow roses with horseshit. You can't grow much with austerity.

You should write Labour campaign slogans.

COMMANDO FORCES

I waited up till 4 to see how close the town was and in the end it was a walkover, which surprised me. I thought it was gonna be mighty close but it wasn't!

The Legendary Shark

What I write doesn't make much difference, Fungus, but I feel I have to write it anyway.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Banners

Quote from: The Legendary SharkHow does the idea of ignoring them and running your life your own way sound this morning?

I take your point but, as I think I've said before, I'm happy to trade a degree of liberty in exchange for having someone come and empty my bins.

Professor Bear

You and the rest of England, it seems.

JayzusB.Christ

5 more years of having that gammon-faced posh cunt in charge - my sympathies.  You can live your life on your own terms, but you still have to pay for things; including healthcare, the way things are going.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

The Legendary Shark

Or you could be free and empty your own bins.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

NapalmKev

Exeter: 1 tiny red dot in a sea of South-west blue. Labour may not be perfect but they're a better prospect than David "Bellend" Cameron and his bunch of 'Fuck the Poor' cronies!

Crap situation, to say the least!
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"