Main Menu

Lost - fill in the gaps!!!

Started by nick-is-at-home, 25 April, 2006, 01:20:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nick-is-at-home

hey,

if any of you kind fellows could fill me in on what happened in Lost that would be dandy. I missed the first three episodes so i couldnt get into it but realy want to get into series 2 to find out what all the fuss is about.

all help appreciated

-nick

Rex Banner

SPOILERS in case I get ahead as to what has been show so far.

There's a guy inside the hatch called Desmond who Jack met before when his wife to be was in an accident. Desmond explains that there is a computer in the hatch which needs the numbers entered into it every 108 minutes or something nasty will happen. The hatch is like a nuclear shelter.

Meanwhile, Jin, Michael & Sawyer have been caught by 'the others' but it turns out there are also survivors of the flight that were in the tale section who've been taken by the real others until there are only a few left.

Also, this is quite amusing

Link: http://tafmaster-v8.focalex.com/rate.cgi?redirect_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.albinoblacksheep.com%2Fflash%2Flost&rate_form_id=1795&affiliate_id=251597&recip_first_name=jane&recip_last_name=harrris&email=mv.sheppard%40talk21.com&recip_email_1=rubyslippers%4" target="_blank">Lost Rhapsody

Satanist

You just gave away the main plot for the first two eps of season two. Thank god for downloads or I'd be a wee bitty upset.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

ThryllSeekyr

Warning my post contains spoilers if you read all of it.

Some questionable individuals taking a plane flight when something goes wrong and they have crashlanded on a island somewhere.

Apparently deserted, though there are others on the island and then there are original inhabitants also. It takes some time for most of them to unite. That is as far as I know.

I think there is some biblical message here. That these people actualley needed to drop of out the civlised world as we know it and take a good look at their own lives without the modern world and their careers or jet set life style to distract them. Recontruct themselves as they form a minature society of their own on the island as their ancestors might have.

There is also plenty of culteral, racial and sexual divercity. Almost everyone from every walk of life.

TordelBack

Ah sweet, sharing that Rhapsody video is going to get me some smoochies from the missus tonight, yup you betcha.  Brilliant!

Speaking of spoilers, the Channel 4/E4 trailer for Series 2 is one of the most spoilerific things I have ever set eyes on (apart from the average Dr Who 'Next Week' slot, which those in academic circles might rightly call an 'Abstract', and which in our house now leads to a frantic dash to find the remote while everyone sticks their fingers in their ears and looks at the ceiling) - I am most glad to have seen all the cited episodes already (thanks RTE!).  

In particular, it ruins the single best most spine-tingling  opening scene of any TV episode I can remember.  Boo, I say, boo!

shane05

N0FX

Umm, he closed down his barber shop when his good friend Porkpie won the National Lottery and got his own T.V. show.

Or.... Spoiler Alert.......

he runs off into the jungle (not knowing about the monsters and the polar bear) because he's been sent crazy by the Dharma corporations experiments, he gives Jack instructions to input the "Special Code" (Hurleys numbers), into the computer. In the (largely concrete filled) bunker is a table tennis table and a load of guns. Hurley is in charge of the food and Jack decides to go to war against the Others (who appear to take people that actualy have a healthy relationship with thier parents). That bird from babylon five is back again (but about as much use as a crystal flyswatter) Saheeds girl gets shot by the pigs and dies. And the druggie hobbit guy beats up Locke. Mike runs off into the jungle to find walt, after speaking to him on the computer in the hatch (and walt appearing to people with water coming out of his mouth).

My wife has watched this claptrap non-stop, It makes me wanna puke.

.................End of spoilers...............

http://www.tv.com/lost/show/24313/episode_listings.html

that's where you wanna go for an episode recap.

Rex Banner

Sorry, early morning reading of post thought Nick had missed the first episodes of series two.

Biggest spoilerific trailer has to be the Sky one which started with Buffy's headstone on her grave.

Jim_Campbell

"Biggest spoilerific trailer has to be the Sky one which started with Buffy's headstone on her grave."

Nah ... the most idiotic Sky trailer for spoilers was for their "Superhero Weekend" on Sky Movies, featuring Spider-Man, Batman, one of the X-Movies, and ... Unbreakable!

Next week: their "It turns out he's really a ghost" weekend ...

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

scutfink

On a (Vaguely) related note,

What is that comic with the Polar bear in it?

Is it JLA?

N0FX

I think it was "Glacier Mint Monthly". or something.

Quite drunk and sarcastic really.

Or maybe it was "Shako" or "Shakee" or "Shakatatatooga"

Not "Shakara"

I'm sure there was an extreme edition about it, or one of Mr Bishops articles about it. Or I have episodes in my knackered colection of annuals.

I'm certain there was a polar bear character in 2000AD.

Radbacker

i saw the Beast in the episode broadcast here last night, WTF this show is so intriging I didn't watch most of the first season till towards the end and I'm completely addicted now.
Mr Echo rocks.

CU Radbacker

TordelBack

"That" comic is 'Green Lantern/Flash:Fast Friends' No. 1 (or Spanish translation thereof), and you can read it at the wee linky below.  It's a funny little thing, dealing with the implications of the adventures of the Jay Garrick/wotzisname incarnations of the characters for the Wally/Kyle versions.  Odd little thing, you can definitely see a Walt/Green Lantern parallel, but I hope the connections go no further than that... Alien X, yuck. Going for silly sums on EBay now, I expect...  

Link: http://www.lostlinks.net/comic/comic1.htm" target="_blank">Polar Bears!

scutfink

Yeah the Walt/GL thing is kind of a no brainer, there's a 'sins of the fathers' vibe to the story too, ties in nicely with the 'Parental issues' so many of the cast seem to have.

(I'm probably being an Ubergeek and reading way too much into it, but I'd like to think somebody somewhere has puit some serious thought into this :) )

MIKE COLLINS

Got me thinking about the family issues that EVERYONE has....

watching eps 1 and 2 of the new season back to back last night is it me or is it that....

s
p
e
c
u
l
a
t
i
o
n
g
a
p

...they're all recalling FALSE memories, implanted as part of an experiment and that actually they AREN'T the people they think they are?

Ie- Locke can now walk because he was NEVER a cripple?

Dunno- insane speculation on my part-- but that polar bear toy that younger Mike givesd to baby Walt is too much of a recurring storybeat.