Main Menu

G'day everyone....err, crikey!

Started by BMB, 28 April, 2006, 08:45:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radbacker

'nother Ozer here, I'm in the West though.  Started collecting about Prog800 and something and haven't looked back since.  Unfortunatly absolutly no Artistic talent(my stick figures aren't even ant good) so cant help on that front sorry.
Floyd, good idea next time I'm heading to Victoria(My families over there so I get over every couple of years) we'll organise the worlds smallest Dreddcon!!!!

CU Radbacker

BMB

Hoes the availability in the west Radbacker? any easier to stumble across tooth if you weren't already looking for it?

BMB

Radbacker

It's in most newsies here(I'm in Kalgoorlie) so I pick it up easily each week(if one's out i head to the other), but its seems a bit harder to find in Perth, only thing with getting it from the newsies is its about 8 weeks behind still at least we know whats coming!  I could order it from Perth comic shop up to date but they charge $8 or $9 per issue which is a bit steep for me I currently pay $6.70A but then there's always a Sub but I just dont trust the post so 8 weeks out of date it is.

CU Radbacker

ThryllSeekyr

Jeese, I might move out to Kalgoolie.

I't's like trying squeeze blood from stone where I am.

BMB

I'm in the same boat as you Radbacker, I'm eight weeks behind but I dont notice as its regular, I pay $6.60 but if I got up to date copies from Melbourne specialty shops thats goes up to $10! ( dont even think about the meg price in specialty shops...brrrrrr! )

ThryllSeekyr

I just contacted my local supplier (a newsagancy within a shopping centre.) today, knowing that they should a have a few in for me.

They have 1474, 1475,1476 being the latest.

How many Progs am I from those in Western Australia and Victoria?

ThryllSeekyr

I ask them to put them aside for me, so I don't have to travel each week to pick time up.

I save travel expences that way.

Though a few times they have missed a issue or two. The last one they didn't give me was 1471. I was very pissed about the missing Prog.

They said 'Well it's now a back issue and they don't get those in'!

Have Newsagents and Bookstore owners always been this bad or is it just me.

Their like dogs, you gotta train them. They don't normally get 2000AD in so you have to like ask them and hope for the best.

But buying comics for myself now has become almost akin to gambling. Something I don't normally do or like being tricked into doing.

When I ask for a Prog in mint conditon, I mean it.

Radbacker

ThryllSeekyr - yep I just picked up 1476 last Friday.  This time of year I seem to get a break between some of the progs, never more than a week but to make up for it i always seem to get the post prog200X oone the very next week, no 3 week wait for me.

CU Radbacker

BMB

Yep I got 1476 this week too, how cool is that new character!? Harry Kipling more of, please!

( Actually, more of that other undead new character too, from the Meg please! )

ThryllSeekyr

Looks like I won here, as I was given Prog 1477 as well as the three preceeding it.

I don't suppose there would be a chance of me being able to get both variants of 1476.

I was given 2 of 2.

Radbacker

I'm not into the whole variant covers thing, my newsie had equal amounts of both but i'd say they've pulled em off by the time I go down to get this weeks prog this arvo, more 10 seconders, yes yes yes.  I'll have a look for the 1 of 2 variant for you if you want T.S. but like I said probably already pulled off the shelf.(don't know why but my newsie only keeps them for 1 week)
1377 will be mine today!!!! now if only I was able to find the 05 Winter Special?

CU Radbacker

Ironjaw

OK, I'm a Kiwi living in Brisbane. Got put onto 2000AD as a kid by a good friend. That was prog 130 something & then dusted the whole lot off a couple of years ago to relive my childhood. Trying now to put as near mint a collection together as possible. As for the two alternate covers... well there's actually three. The third is both front covers in the one comic (they are the first 2 pages). It was only released to subscribers. I won mine on Ebay & by the time it arrived it was more or less time for me to pick up that prog with the one cover from my n.agent. He charges 6.60 a copy but made an error as there were both cover editions in the bag for the one price. Well I'm outta here, it's the ANZAC test tonight...Gee who to follow? :-)

scutfink

Yep I got 1476 this week too, how cool is that new character!? Harry Kipling more of, please!

It's like I got in a time machine and went back two months!

:)

ThryllSeekyr

The internet is sort of likke a time machine, evreytime I use it. It's like looking into the future.

That Rogue Trooper game isn't even available over here yet.