Main Menu

where are they now...

Started by nick-is-at-home, 30 April, 2006, 04:23:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nick-is-at-home

I was just reading through some back issues and not so long ago there was a barricade of new stories but they've never returned even though that Synonammonaman women thingy has had three chances!

Here are some examples:

Snow/Tiger = potential, not another story like this in the weekly and i think the art came of the page really well.

Tiger Sun, Dragon Moon = steve parkhouse, why have i never seen his name in 2000ad before. Swords, japan, monsters, action etc. etc. all put together reaallly weell.

Dead Men Walking = Boo Cook really peaked with this. Clearer art than the mutant and Dredd story he did.

Has anyone got any other suggestions?

Floyd-the-k

of the three you name, only Snow/Tiger strikes me as having comeback potential.  All were better than Synonamoan for mine.
  I think Carver Hale has at least one more story in him.  Possibly more.
  I wouldn't mind seeing some Lenny Zero stories in 2000AD. I think the character is so good that stories not by the original creators could be alright.

WoD

Big Dave, Big Dave, Big Dave....

DavidXBrunt

Well Snow/Tiger was kippered when Andy Diggle went off to write the A-Team.

For my money I'd rather see Interceptor revived for a couple of short runs a la Synammmmmmmmmmon.

Keef Monkey

I really enjoy Simonsynamoon but apart from that I agree they probably could have done something pretty good with Carver Hale given time,and Dead Men Walking was fun.

W. R. Logan

>steve parkhouse, why have i never seen his name in 2000ad before

because you never looked close enough?

Link: http://www.2000adonline.com/index.php3?zone=droid&page=profiles&choice=STEVEPA" target="_blank">Steve Parkhouse

http://www.2000adonline.com/images/page/stevepa.jpg">

Funt Solo

Before they say it:

Yassa Povey
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

DavidXBrunt

Yassa Povey would be interesting. John Wagner laughed when I said it but it'd be great to see Crustacia from Helltrekkers again.

Dog Deever

Steve Parkhouse did some really good stuff on some of the Luke Kirby stories- dead good that was.
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

Radbacker

Grudge Father(I know its Millar, but I think some of the better Millar in Tooth just need to find a better artist)
Armoured Gideon because there's always room for bug stompy robots
Tiger Sun Dragon Moon because it really did seem like that was a taster for a longer series

CU Radbacker

Funt Solo

::"some of the better Millar in Tooth"

Uhm...oh, you...no it...well I...uhm...
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Radbacker

yes I know, I flay myself regularly for enjoying a bit of the Millar, I'll blow you all over with the bit of info that I quite liked Maniac 5 & 6 aswell.

Oh and Ultimates is by far one of the best Super Hero Comics around if that counts.

CU Radbacker

Radbacker

Radbacker constant Millar apologist

The Enigmatic Dr X

For what it's worth, I liked the Maniacs too.
Lock up your spoons!

Floyd-the-k

yes yes yes, Armored Gideon, and Canon Fodder and anything that isn't Valkyries or Snyanamoan