Main Menu

Current TV Boxset Addiction

Started by radiator, 20 November, 2012, 02:23:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smith

Quote from: Rara Avis on 19 January, 2021, 05:45:52 AM
I'm watching The Stand too and mostly enjoying it, seems a pretty decent adaptation of the book so far. Don't worry I understand that Trashcan Man makes an appearance in later episodes.

But does it have Liutenant Dan?

Dandontdare

Can't be arsed seraching for the screengrab, but when King tweeted that the current pandemic was really nothing like the Stand, one irate fan replied "have you even read the fucking book?"

Link Prime

Quote from: broodblik on 18 January, 2021, 06:07:49 PM
The second season is completely different but still a great story.

Cheers BB, had a look at a few previews for that last night - looks completely different as you say, but I will no doubt check it out.
Could anything top the cast, setting and plot from season 1 though?
Been a long, long time since I was so instantly taken with a TV show.

broodblik

If I had to choose season 1 will be the winner but that does not take anything away from season 2.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Link Prime

Quote from: broodblik on 19 January, 2021, 12:22:09 PM
If I had to choose season 1 will be the winner but that does not take anything away from season 2.

Noted!

Bad City Blue

I've braved teh first episode of The Watch, supposedly "inspired by" the Terry Pratchett bookd (and official, as they bought the rights)

ALmost universally hated, I quite liked episode one, but the simple fact is it is not improved in ANY WAY by using bastardisations of Pratchett characters. Would have been better as a generic show without the license.

See how it goes
Writer of SENTINEL, the best little indie out there

pictsy

Quote from: Bad City Blue on 19 January, 2021, 04:03:14 PM
I've braved teh first episode of The Watch, supposedly "inspired by" the Terry Pratchett bookd (and official, as they bought the rights)

ALmost universally hated, I quite liked episode one, but the simple fact is it is not improved in ANY WAY by using bastardisations of Pratchett characters. Would have been better as a generic show without the license.

See how it goes

I didn't know this show existed and now I do I feel life is just that little bit worse. 

Thank goodness I'm still rewatching Babylon 5.  Season 3 finale coming up tomorrow.

Tiplodocus

Started Season 4 of Black Sails. Episode 1 would have taken an entire season of Walking Dead (when it was at it's worst).
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 20 January, 2021, 02:11:58 PM
Started Season 4 of Black Sails. Episode 1 would have taken an entire season of Walking Dead (when it was at it's worst).

Yeah. They'd decided ahead of time that this would be the last series, so it rattles along at a fair old clip and I don't think it's a spoiler to say that they stick the landing (for me, at least).
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

broodblik

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 20 January, 2021, 02:16:53 PM
Quote from: Tiplodocus on 20 January, 2021, 02:11:58 PM

Yeah. They'd decided ahead of time that this would be the last series, so it rattles along at a fair old clip and I don't think it's a spoiler to say that they stick the landing (for me, at least).

True for me as well. I enjoyed every season of Black Sails. No unnecessary pondering around
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Smith

Started The Expanse. People have been shilling it to me for years but I was always like "Yeah,SyFy channel..."
Promising so far.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Smith on 20 January, 2021, 02:23:17 PM
Started The Expanse. People have been shilling it to me for years but I was always like "Yeah,SyFy channel..."
Promising so far.

I liked it from the start, but it's fair to say that S1 is the slowest season by far. There's a lot of very necessary world-building going on, which I enjoyed but which some people seem to have found off-putting.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

The Legendary Shark

World building is, perhaps unsuprisingly, often the aspect I enjoy the most and I think The Expanse makes a particularly good job of it.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Rara Avis

Quote from: Smith on 19 January, 2021, 06:13:29 AM
Quote from: Rara Avis on 19 January, 2021, 05:45:52 AM
I'm watching The Stand too and mostly enjoying it, seems a pretty decent adaptation of the book so far. Don't worry I understand that Trashcan Man makes an appearance in later episodes.

But does it have Liutenant Dan?

No, he resleeved?

Rara Avis

Quote from: Dandontdare on 19 January, 2021, 10:48:53 AM
Can't be arsed seraching for the screengrab, but when King tweeted that the current pandemic was really nothing like the Stand, one irate fan replied "have you even read the fucking book?"