Main Menu

The Walking Dead - Season 7

Started by Goaty, 14 July, 2016, 07:08:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

So almost by accident I stumbled back into Walking Dead and I'm watching Season 7 and its a bit rubbish. Coming in I was aware that it didn't have a good reputation but I enjoyed Season 2 so I figured maybe this will be the same - but nah everyone is right - so far at least - its pants.

I've just watched Episode 7, Rick finds a boat, Spencer makes a cliche - such a cliche - mistake, has he never seen Die Hard? Darryl gets out and we all smile at a lovely reunion at the end and stride purposely forward as we've all learnt we can't do it alone ... but together... (Christ that bit was dreadful)

...oh except Carol (still the best thing in the show) Carol is still mardy.

ANYWAY a LOT happened, but it was all so forced. The dialogue was terrible PEOPLE. SAYING. IMPORTANT. THINGS. WITH. MEANING... and while they weren't shouting it all felt like it was in all caps.

Actions were justified - but still made very little sense and I know a lot of folks dig Negan and he is terrifying, but he's also getting boring pretty quickly. All his long considered speeches to show us how he uses his charisma and terror to control folks... but its all a bit silly in the end - he's such a VILLAIN and has nothing to him.

And yet I've watched an episode and a half tonight and I was just starting the next... its bloody rubbish but I'm still watching!

Colin YNWA

And now we get some characters straight out of a 70s BBC kids TV sci-fi show (via Mad Max) and the big scarey spikey zombie who is beaten by cushions from above... errrr....

Trooper McFad

After the prison season and up to when they first meet Negan I was engaged and happy with the differences with the books then they dragged it out and it's been like that ever since. Only the occasional episode that's been decent. But for my sins I've kept on with it but only watching on catchup rather than eagerly looking forward to each new episode. I just want to see it to the end now - a bit like "Lost".
Not the best write up to encourage you to see out season 7 sorry
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

JayzusB.Christ

I've never quite understood all the hate for TWD.  I've enjoyed it all the way along - I mean it's not the best show ever made, but it's better than most.  It was Negan who made my brother give up on it, but that's another thing I don't get - for me he's been a fairly engaging bad guy, [spoiler]and his character development after he was allowed to live was very intriguing for me.[/spoiler]
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

sheridan

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 28 March, 2021, 11:00:22 PM
I've never quite understood all the hate for TWD.  I've enjoyed it all the way along - I mean it's not the best show ever made, but it's better than most.  It was Negan who made my brother give up on it, but that's another thing I don't get - for me he's been a fairly engaging bad guy, [spoiler]and his character development after he was allowed to live was very intriguing for me.[/spoiler]

He seemed to [spoiler]get character development for a while but that appears to have gone out of the window when the whisperers came along (I'm two episodes from the end of season 10)[/spoiler].

JayzusB.Christ

Fair enough.  I watched it to the end - glad I didn't give up on it.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"