Main Menu

New Poll: Which of the following D.C./Rebellion collections have you bought/will you be buying?

Started by 2000AD Online, 30 January, 2005, 10:00:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cliffy

Since I've basically never seen any of the material before (I'm in the States) but am quite enjoying it so far, my plan is to get at least the first volume of anything other than Dredd and then decide off that whether to get future volumes from anything that has them.  Given the amount of Dredd material (and the fact that neither of the first two Dredd vols. have had very good press) I'm going to be more thoughtful about which of those I pick up.

--Cliffy

DavidXBrunt

I'd recommend waiting for the upcoming 'Dredd verses Daeth' or 'Total War', or there's the lovely Hardback edition of 'Dredd vs. Aliens' which is so good I'm thinking of rereading it now.

Of the rest the Dante one is highly recommended as it's just astonishingly good for an intro story. Only Cabals has been this good from the first story in recent years. It's also a major series with plenty of good stories yet to come.

Sin Dex is fun but you mileage may vary. If you like them already you'll enjoy it, if you don't it won't convert anyone. But there is a narrative drive to the tales in the first volume that make it seem more like a proper story than just a colleciton of one offs.

IndigoPrime

Be wary of doing this, though, because many stories changed massively later on. Early Dante was excellent, but humourous, whereas later arcs are quite dark. On the other hand, Robo-Hunter soon becomes out-and-out comedy that's more overt than Verdus. And then there's stuff like ABC Warriors. I hate the first run of this, but reckon the Black Hole Mission arc is really good.

Max Kon

I enjoyed the first run of ABC warriors, but i gave up with the Black Hole Mission arc cause it made no sense.