Main Menu

Winter Project

Started by W. R. Logan, 30 July, 2006, 05:14:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W. R. Logan

I know its bllody hot out there and already I'm thinking of something to do in the winter months and just wanted to see if one my idea is possible and two seems like a good idea.

With every cover available on the site as well as Star Scans, posters etc this site pretty much has everything but I've always thought that the one thing missing is the NeRVE centre and readers art. So do I scan in every Nerve Centre and readers pic or type out every individual letter? Can it be searchable so if people have had something appear they can find their letter or picture by using the search feature.

Good idea or after two years of being out of the house should I just spend the Winter doing a huge reread?

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c212/rico2074/NC02.jpg">

paulvonscott

Well, you could scan the letters in using that text recognition software, most scanners do it these days, though you do have to check it afterwards, that would save some time.

Buttonman

That would be a mighty undertaking but a worthwhile one too! With my first letter appearing in the Oz saga (about the Grobbledonk family who appeared in Dredd) and the rest over the next 15 or so wasted years this would be a great, nostalgia tinted, time saver.

ukdane

I now have scans of every droids letters and artwork that has appeared in the nerve center. I just need to get round to clearing it up. The scans are slightly more complete that the Co79 page that you had.

I also have scans of most of the various credit boxes that have existed.

Since the server move, I'm not sure if I have access to the credit boxes anymore- although I do have them on my hard-drive.

Fancy doing something with these?
Cheers

-Daney

Bolt-01

I know that the star scans are incomplete, as I'm sending them through to Wake as I re-read and vote on them.

As for the letters being searchable, you could get away with having only the prog number and writer name be searchable then allow the scans to stand as they are.

Bolt-01

Oddboy

And link up any boarders letters to their profile page... if they have one.
Better set your phaser to stun.