Main Menu

WE PLAY POP

Started by Al_Ewing, 30 May, 2008, 03:07:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al_Ewing

FOUR SONGS TO SAVE THE NIGHT!

Next Saturday at the Cross Kings in Kings Cross, we're dancing it up Bill Savage style - and YOU could be the DJ! More details at the link, but I'll be on the decks for my four-song share - LEARN THE SECRETS OF THE INFINI-POWER!

Not strictly connected to 2000AD but there is the Bill Savage thing and it'll be a good time if you like dancing and fun. ALL SQUAXX WELCOME! 8 'till late.

Link: http://freakytrigger.co.uk/poptimism/" target="_blank">THIS CALLS FOR THE MEGA PLAN!

http://freakytrigger.co.uk/wordpress/wp-content/themes/ft_2008_widgeted/images/head_poptimism.gif">
Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

El Spurioso

Big bunch of my mates live just rount the corner from the Cross Kings, so I'll do my best.  

The venue could politely be described as "a bit shabby", but it packs a decent crowd.

Promise me I can throw shapes, Boo Cook stylee, to Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds theme and I'm totally there.

Al_Ewing

I've been searching for a perfect fourth song to round out my set so you may be in luck. No promises, though, as I'm also looking at Senor Coccnut for a mambo finish.

Rio De Fideldo

Daybreak by Harry Nilsson.

Al_Ewing

Under consideration - it'll certainly go on at the next wedding...

Bart Oliver

Obviously you're not a golfer.

Tanky

A quick faff with Virtual DJ confirms that it is possible to mix War of the Worlds between Simian and LCD Soundsystem. Bung the Ting Tings on the end and there's ya 4 songs of 'modern pop'. And Jeff Wayne. :)
x

Leigh S

Wow - good call Bart -  A great Richie Havens song that, from my favourite of his albums (1983) - didn't realise there was any cover versions of it out there!  

Al_Ewing

Lara - does that mean you're going to come down and play that set? It'd absolve me of my WOTW obligation...

Tanky

Unfortunately Al, I'm otherwise booked next sat, otherwise I'd be sorely tempted! There used to be a club with a similar format round my way and they were always good fun.
In the- highly unlikely -event of me figuring out how to make and host a podcast in the next few days, I'll make it and you can have it. Technically of course, that's cheating ;) x