Main Menu

2000 AD Online - General Feature Requests

Started by w3bz, 09 July, 2008, 11:20:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noisybast

Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

w3bz

:cry: don't make me cry I'll frazzle my circuits!

Hoagy

Anything difficult worth doing Web-botter. Like the icon by the way. Very ironic. :twisted:

Erm another thing crossed my mind reading that terribly 'late in the day' ,News post by garageman.

It would be nice to see the latest post title up on the ..ahem.. board index too.

If something is a hot topic and everyone can see its importance as the latest post comes in, it would be a great advantage. Plus I would not have to guess wether there was anything interesting worth looking into those group titles for.

And if that can be done over the avatar idea, I would not mind.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

w3bz

Well that can be done, but will have to look into whether that works nicely with an avatar, it might make things go tits up...

Might have to have a poll, see what's preferred, I will assume avatar  :?

Hoagy

I dunno, webby, people are more partial to being informed than seeing themselves on the screen....surely?
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
Previously Krombasher.

Trout

I'm using "view new posts" a lot, as it gives similar results to the way the old board worked.

But I keep having to navigate back to the board index to access it. Can we have it as a standard function at the end of each thread?

You're a busy bee, aren't you?

My apologies!

- Trout

Bolt-01

Actually, that's a pretty good option, and would it be workable with the 'view active topics' option as well. I'm loving that.

w3bz

Aye that I "bee" - 2000 AD not being the only project on the cards to boot...ho hum.

Anyways, after much faffin' around, it seems the best option is to display the active "last posted in" topic on the front rather than the avatars...although avatars might come later. I just want to get something done in the interim at the very least.

So, about this "view new posts" bit, is that effectively going to work the same as the "back button" on your browser? Or do you want it there as default in case you haven't come from the active topic lists?

Hoagy

Thanks Web-bot, thats fantastic. Much more immediate information. 8-)
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
Previously Krombasher.

Hoagy

How about a welcome to the board block for New members. I keep seeing newbies posting but have no idea who they are and how to befriend them.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
Previously Krombasher.

Peter Wolf

How do you cut and paste clickable links in a post like Youtube Gold for example ?

Thanks.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Kerrin

Quote from: "Krombasher"How about a welcome to the board block for New members. I keep seeing newbies posting but have no idea who they are and how to befriend them.
Hello! As a new member I'd second this one. This is the first chatroom/community thing I've involved myself in and it's great. But I think Krombasher has a point, I wondered myself whereabouts I should make my first post. Luckily for me I was greeted by Buttonman and given some helpful advice about existing threads (DOH!).At the end of the day I don't think it could hurt. Cheers Kerrin.

w3bz

There is now a section for this under the 2000 AD Heading.

Kerrin

Jim_Campbell

On the old board (*sigh* ... I know, I know) the "View Your Posts" option actually showed you your posts, in chronological order (newest to oldest) and gave you the option to view each one in context by jumping to the relevant thread.

Now, it shows you a list of threads to which you've contributed. If that thread has multiple pages, you either have to plough through the whole thread, or hope that you can remember roughly what stage you made your post.

In all honesty, it's quite a big step backwards in terms of functionality.

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.