Simon Bisley's 13 Coins

Started by 23ten, 15 April, 2010, 12:05:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

23ten

Hi everyone,

Check out the new art for Simon Bisley's upcoming 13 CoIns series   :P

http://www.13coinscomic.com

Peter Wolf

Why not start 4 new threads saying exactly the same thing ?

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Emperor

if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

ThryllSeekyr

Would you think this is a artistic evolutionary step or a change in style and method.

I wouldn't normally recognise this work as his.

It's big , it's colourful, but also very neat and precise.

Is this mainly computer generated?

Definitely not his usual stuff.

I like the concept, but never knew the sons of Noah were Nephelium.

Richmond Clements

That's some spectacularly good colouring there.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 15 April, 2010, 09:34:39 AM
That's some spectacularly good colouring there.

Nice inks, too -- I don't think I've ever seen someone else ink Bisley. Mind you, I'd pay good money to see Sienkiewicz have a bash.

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Richmond Clements

QuoteI don't think I've ever seen someone else ink Bisley

Henry Flint inked his Lobo stuff, we've got a page on the wall.

23ten

23ten

Emperor

OK, while we have you here... Why not tell us a bit about the story and details like... how many issues its going to be.

Also I notice it is copyrighted to Heaven's Gate Films (as well as Berserker Comics) and it looks like you are making this into a film (along with a few others). Any dates attached to that? It looks rather SFX heavy, how are you approaching it?:

QuoteHeaven's Gate Films are currently in development on a number of feature projects including;

The Taken, written by Martin Brennan & Michael B Jackson with director Terry Loane. Produced with Generator Entertainment's Mark Huffam (Saving Private Ryan, Mamma Mia!) and Simon Bosanquet (WIT, Ripley's Game) with development finance supported by Northern Ireland Screen and the Irish Film Board.

13 Coins, written by Martin Brennan, Michael B Jackson & Terry Loane, and produced with Mark Huffam and Simon Bosanquet. Development finance supported by Northern Ireland Screen and the Irish Film Board.

Siempre Noite, written by Martin Brennan & Michael B Jackson, and produced with Fantastic Films' John McDonnell (Wilderness, The Tiger's Tail) and Brendan McCarthy (Breakfast on Pluto, Wake Wood) with director, David Keating. Development finance supported by Northern Ireland Screen.

http://www.heavensgatefilms.com/

Nice work getting Brendan McCarthy on board - that is always going to add an extra zing to proceedings. ;)
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

ThryllSeekyr

The Sons of Noah.

In the biblical sence, I was wondering if the celts amongs types of people were fathered this way.

takayama

13 coins looks amazing

and this is the interiors!!!

pauljholden

Inks and colours are by Andy and Ryan Brown (respectively) - and, gotta say, that's some damn fine colouring going on... (They also publish the comic from Belfast)

-pj

Mikey

That's some nice work there - I can't take my eyes off that splash!

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

23ten

Quote from: Emperor on 16 April, 2010, 02:37:35 AM
OK, while we have you here... Why not tell us a bit about the story and details like... how many issues its going to be.

Also I notice it is copyrighted to Heaven's Gate Films (as well as Berserker Comics) and it looks like you are making this into a film (along with a few others). Any dates attached to that? It looks rather SFX heavy, how are you approaching it?:

Yes, we are developing this up as a movie project as well- We are developing a trilogy of movies on the first series of the comic, SONS OF NOAH, so a lot of work ahead both in the comic and feature!! :)