Main Menu

Thank You... Ron!

Started by The Legendary Shark, 28 August, 2011, 07:00:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adrian Bamforth

Okay, withoug giving too much away, I plan to feature "the big 4" Dredd artists (as Ron put it) themselves. I havedecent reference for Esquerra, Bolland and Smith though I've only found 2 blurred photos of the seemingly camera-shy McMahon, and those very recent shots. If anyone has any decent images I can use, from signings or whatever, please let me know, Cheers!

The Legendary Shark

Just got another fantastic contribution in. We need more, though! More, more, more!

And remember, you don't have to be a skilled artist or writer to join in. It's the thought that counts!
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

dracula1

Mines complete Mr. Shark :D. I'll get it out to you a.s.a.p.

Cthulouis

The Legendary Shark

Got it, thanks. Another smashing piece to add to a still small but growing collection!
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Definitely Not Mister Pops

@Shark: I'm in
@Everbody Else: Why aren't you? Eh? EH??
You may quote me on that.

I really got in to this, and stayed up past my bedtime, but my contribution has been sent in

judda fett

Just having a think and then Ill get something in for this too.

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: pops1983 on 25 November, 2011, 02:43:27 AM
I really got in to this, and stayed up past my bedtime, but my contribution has been sent in

Hey Pops - nothing's arrived here yet. I hope I didn't give you the wrong email address the other day. Just in case, I'll put it up here again and also add another:

Primary Contact: thanksron@gmail.com
Secondary Contact: thanksron@sharkpool.co.uk
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Adrian Bamforth

I have 2 ideas - an thoughts which to go for?

1. A large crowd of Mega-City 1 citizens waiting to do their part in the carving of a Mount Rushmore style monument featuring the faces of Bolland, McMahon, Smith and Esquerra. Dredd turns to us: Back in line creep - it's payback time".

2. Dredd turns toward the artist, represented by a the artist's hand rested on the page. Dredd holds up his kneepad: "If Ron say's it's small kneepads, it's small kneepads!"

(1 I'm having trouble with as I can't seem to find a decent photo of McMahon from the 80s).

I'd be up for other ideas if there's any spare, especially if it featured his older characters.

ADE

The Legendary Shark

They both sound good to me, Ade. If I had to choose though (which I don't - I'd use both :) ), I'd go for #2. (Maybe you could merge the two ideas and have Dredd overseeing a remodelling of the Statue of Judgement from a McMahonesque to a Smithesque style. Just a suggestion for you or anyone to use or not use!)
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Ok, I've tried sending it again, I think the file was too big to fit in your inbox (said the Bishop to the Actress).

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Do yoo want mee too inclood a wee messidge? Konstructifying sentantses is'nt my sterrong soot.(sorry been drinking cocktails)

But seriously.

I'm not great with words so if anyone else has a wee message for one of the loveliest men ever to draw pictures in 2000AD, send it to Shark

Adrian Bamforth

I've sent my contribution in... though afterwards I had a pretty fun idea for an image, which can be used if anyone's not had inspiration yet, which is a cover of an imaginary 'merged' 2000ad AND Hotspur' ("Great news about your favourite comic inside, kids!"). Dredd is seen on the cover either pursuing, or maybe high-fiving, King Cobra or Nick Jolly. If anyone wants to run with that just let me know in case I decide to have a last-minute bash at it.