Main Menu

2000 AD cover for Free Comic Book Day 2012 revealed!

Started by Molch-R, 09 December, 2011, 04:58:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Molch-R

Quote from: BPP on 11 December, 2011, 05:09:30 PM
Mol-R - totally understand the logic of not giving it to subscribers at the time, however would retailers be upset if you guys were to give the annual subscribers a copy of it later in the year - say with the Prog 2013. Seems both constituencies would be met that way (lets face it - subscribers either go into comic shops already and therefore probably can blag a copy due to how long they have been shopping there, or they don't go into comic shops and probably won't because they know they won't get a copy (these things go way too fast - last time we hit FP around 2pm and all FCBD stuff was gone except for folk like us with grab lists).

Also would imagine that Subscribers offered the chance to purchase one later in the year would grab that too - so that its not an extra expenditure to you guys. It does seem that putting an exclusive Dredd story in an official publication and then not enabling your core-buyers some chance to guarantee they get it could back-fire.

Sorry, that might be a goer if we printed these ourselves - we don't, it's entirely FCBD's show. Selling or giving them away later still defeats the purpose and spirit of the exercise, and would not go down well with the organisers, upon whose help we rely. 2000 AD participates in the programme to help struggling comic book stores and also introduce a potentially huge new audience to the comic.

So I'm afraid the only way to guarantee you get one is to get to your local store early, get them to set you one aside or get another squaxx to pick one up for you!

COMMANDO FORCES

Emperor is correct, I did grab a load last year from my local. The owner informed me that they actually buy all those free comics for that day but at a hugely reduced rate. I asked for a certain amount and paid for them. This enabled me to give copies away to any on the forum who would not stand any chance at all in grabbing one, as they don't have a comic shop nearby. I even had certain members copies signed by the Abnett droid, how nice am I  :angel:

Alien Goodness

I have marked 5-May-2012 in my diary with "visit my local comic shop". I reckon I'll need to get there early as this cover looks hot!

Grant Goggans

Huh.  Looks like we'll be in Memphis that weekend.  I hope to find a good thrill-merchant there so as to enjoy this.

And barbecue.  I hope to find lots of that, too.

O Lucky Stevie!

That's one mighty fine looking prog there.

Here's fingers crossed that Diamond will have dispensed with their wrong-headed notion that weekly Progs & monthly Megs ship with the irregularity of Avatar variant covers come May 2012.
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Proudhuff

Quote from: Alien Goodness on 14 December, 2011, 05:20:11 PM
I have marked 5-May-2012 in my diary with "visit my local comic shop". I reckon I'll need to get there early as this cover looks hot!

ditto
DDT did a job on me

COMMANDO FORCES

Bat King

I'll pick up an extra copy or two for board members if possible.  Not taking pre-orders but I'll say how many I got and first come first served.

I intend taking at least one to work.  Too many nonscrots there.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Devons Daddy

overseas subbers. Such as I  :'(.
I shall be requesting a copy and willing to pay postage with our Denise the angel in subs.
getting into a UK comic shop is not an option of course sadly.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Dash Decent

Hey Devon,

They have Free Comic Book Day in Singapore too (that's where you are, right?)

Looky here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Free-Comic-Book-Day-Singapore-Official/224182294265147

Some of the shops participating in 2011 are mentioned here:
http://www.herebegeeks.com/comics/fcbd-2011-singapore-edition/

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Dash Decent

A preview of the 2000AD issue can be found on the FCBD website.

Direct link to PDF -
http://www.freecomicbookday.com/catalogimages/STK_IMAGES_PDF/STK440001-460000/STK459888.pdf

They don't show anything of the exclusive Dredd story (which is a good thing).

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

GordyM

Awwww. I like my lie-ins on Saturday morning.

Oh well, it'll be worth it, even though I'll have to fight my way through the wee kids filling their arms with wrestling toys.
Check out my new comic Supermom: Expecting Trouble and see how a pregnant superhero tries to deal with the fact that the baby's father is her archnemesis. Free preview pack including 12 pages of art: http://www.mediafire.com/file/57986rnlgk0itfz/Supermom_Preview_Pack.pdf/file

Trout

Sadly, I don't have a local comic book shop. Oh well.

COMMANDO FORCES

ming

Anyone able to pick up a copy of the 2K freebie for me this year?  My local 'comic' shop (*spit*) offers an enormous range of RPGs (not the explosive kind), toys and tat but yer actual comics are almost non-existent.  Will happily pay for P&P to Norway; just give me a shout if you can help, please.