Main Menu

Howdy ;)

Started by Rusty, 24 September, 2012, 04:26:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rusty

I first started reading Dredd and 2000AD back some 20 years ago now when a good friend of mine introduced me to the comic when the Judgement Day story was running (that zombified Judge on front of one of the covers freaked me out). Anyway, I collected them up until my mid teens when I drifted away from reading them. It was around a year ago when the news of the new film peaked my interest again and I started digging through old back stories recently and found that even though I'm older, the comics were still as brilliantly entertaining as I'd remembered, if not even more so. It's great to stay in contact with that inner kid, and 2000AD and Dredd does that for me. I've only recently found the forum and have been reading instead of participating, but here I am now.

Proudhuff

welcome back, The Prog is at cracking strength just now and Dred still top dog, if you need to catch up the Case Files are perfect.

DDT did a job on me

Rusty

Cheers.

I've been digging into some of the older stories first. Back when I was buying the progs (hard to believe it was that long ago) I remember seeing ads for stories like Young Death and America, so I've been catching up on those first. How many case files volumes are there?

Proudhuff

Hitting Twenty now! mind you they look good on the shelf.. there's a thread here somewhere about here...
DDT did a job on me

Gavin_Leahy_Block

SuperSurfer

Welcome Rusty. Glad to hear that the film is reawakening interest in 2000AD. Hope you enjoy catching up.

Dandontdare

adogg4629

AlpineNewt

Seems the film has got a few of us back into it. Anyone else spent a fortune on GNs trying to catch up?

Rusty

Cheers, fellas.

Truth be told, I was always still into the comic. I'd been checking for years online to see if another attempt at a film would be made, and when the rumours broke of another, I consistently checked for news. A couple of years ago I came across my bundle of progs again and dove in and started reading. Hard to believe they were 20 years old. Where does the time go, eh?

I've been thinking about a particular story involving Death that I remember. I was searching through my old progs and couldn't find it, so I suppose it's been lost when they've been moved about. I think the story involved him being kept inside a cell and it involved him making friends with a small girl and something to do with her teddy bear. My memory is very hazy on it. I'm not sure if it was in 2000AD or The Judge Dredd Magazine. Anyone have any clue what issue that was. It was a long time back.

COMMANDO FORCES