Main Menu

The 2000 AD Thrill-Cast - the official podcast of the Galaxy's Greatest Comic!

Started by Molch-R, 22 January, 2015, 10:38:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Molch-R

Thanks for the compliments and support everyone - we rocketed up to #7 in the iTunes chart last week!

I'm delighted to announce that we have a *very* special guest next week. We'll keep you posted and maybe even tease the odd snippet of the show on here beforehand!

mimikeke

Not a complaint, just a thought: While forcing my husband to listen to ep 2 in the car, I had to adjust the volume a bunch between you and Matt -he's a bit quiet in comparison- and was dismayed to see his attention waning because of this. Mayhaps equalize the voices a bit more in future eps to avoid marital strife?

Molch-R

Quote from: mimikeke on 13 February, 2015, 04:10:40 AM
Not a complaint, just a thought: While forcing my husband to listen to ep 2 in the car, I had to adjust the volume a bunch between you and Matt -he's a bit quiet in comparison- and was dismayed to see his attention waning because of this. Mayhaps equalize the voices a bit more in future eps to avoid marital strife?

Yes, it's something Mechanoise brought up and will try and adjust for when we have guests in the studio rather than down a phoneline. I clearly benefit from too many years on the stage, dahling ;)

IndigoPrime

How are you doing the interviews? If you Skype them, you could get everyone to record their end using something like Call Recorder for Skype, which can force each person to a separate channel. Balancing levels is then pretty simple and the quality stays high.

Molch-R

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 13 February, 2015, 02:44:31 PM
How are you doing the interviews? If you Skype them, you could get everyone to record their end using something like Call Recorder for Skype, which can force each person to a separate channel. Balancing levels is then pretty simple and the quality stays high.

We already do that with Skype - the problem mimikeke mentioned with last week's episode wasn't Skype, it was just that Matt, Pye, and I were sat in the sound booth together and the sound guy didn't realise how much quieter Matt was. Sorted for next time though ;)

IndigoPrime

J.Smith

Listened to the second episode a few nights ago and was delighted to hear about some of the upcoming books that aren't the main Dredd strip, which Matt talked about. One of my concerns before deciding to subscribe was that I have just over half of the Case Files volumes and a couple of other collections set in the universe, and I was worried I may be picking up a lot of what I already have. But I was very happy to hear of some of the collections being put together reprinting some strips for the first time and that stories yet to make their way into the Case Files will be making an appearance. It all sounds very up my alley and, if I had had any concerns about how the books would be getting put together, they would have been thrown aside too after listening to the way that not only the books are being arranged thematically, but how the contents of each volume are too.

It's gonna be a belter of a collection, this. Although I'll no doubt continue with the Case Files at some point (moreso if they decide to slowly reprint volume 2 onwards in hardback as well, if the first 10th anniversary reprint sells well, presuming that's how such decisions are made), I really think this will be a great compilation of the essential Dredd tales and stories from the rest of the universe too.

More of these podcasts too, by the way! Loved listening to Pye explain why he's designed the books so and the difficulty with certain covers to some books and of course, more creators would be great to hear from.

Molch-R

It's inappropriate on such a sad day to do all the promotion for tomorrow's Thrill-Cast I'd intended so I'll mention here that this week we're being joined by Chris Sims of Comics Alliance and Carlos Ezquerra to talk about the Apocalypse War.

Molch-R

Episode #3 of the 2000 AD Thrill-Cast with Carlos Ezquerra and Chris Sims is now live on iTunes www.2000adonline.com/thrillcast

And on Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/2000-ad

wedgeski

The best one yet, and the first time I've heard Ezquerra's voice! Keep up the good work you rust-buckets.

Frank

Quote from: wedgeski on 18 February, 2015, 01:25:17 PM
The best one yet, and the first time I've heard Ezquerra's voice!

I agree, it was a rare* treat. Amid a wealth of information and entertaining conversation, the news that John Wagner is Carlos's favourite compenetrator really stood out. That's especially remarkable, given that Carlos has compenetrated the likes of Ennis, Grant, and Mills in his time.

* if not entirely unique

sheridan

Quote from: Molch-R on 22 January, 2015, 03:05:17 PM
Quote from: oshii on 22 January, 2015, 03:03:32 PM
I really enjoyed this.  Hope it lasts beyond the 6 weeks Molch-R was talking about....and would really, really love to hear John Wagner as a future guest.

The plan is to have six initial fortnightly episodes to coincide with editions of the Mega Collection, then - and only if the format proves itself worth continuing with - it would shift to a monthly series with a more general 2000 AD focus.
Here's a vote for continuing to a monthly general-2000AD series!

J.Smith

Yeah, the half hour of Ezquerra was great and I'm looking forward to more next time on Origins. Keep these a-comin'!

Wonder if one of the future episodes will bring in Keith Richardson or whoever it is that's responsible for the fantastic books we've got coming out this year?