Main Menu

The 2000 AD Thrill-Cast - the official podcast of the Galaxy's Greatest Comic!

Started by Molch-R, 22 January, 2015, 10:38:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Molch-R

PR droid Molch-R brings you to the first ever 2000 AD Thrill-Cast! In this inaugural episode, he chats about the first edition of the Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection with special guests Douglas Wolk (Judge Dredd: City of Courts) and Judge Dredd: America artist Colin MacNeil!

Downloadable or listenable to at https://soundcloud.com/2000-ad/the-2000-ad-thrill-cast-episode1-20-jan-2015

Thanks to audio droid Mechanoise for his recording expertise and fabulous hair.

A feed via iTunes will be forthcoming just as soon as the droids assemble podcasting machine RSS-01. His instructions are a bit complicated...

IronGraham

We're werewolves not swearwolves

Keef Monkey

Looking forward to listening to this!

Does anyone know how to download it on mobile? The Soundcloud app and mobile site doesn't have the download button.

Normally for podcasts I subscribe using a podcast app I have, it checks for new episodes and downloads them. When I give it the 2000AD podcast address it can find the podcast and subscribes but then doesn't show any downloadable episodes. Think it uses the RSS feed or something (I don't know how that stuff works) so is that functionality that'll appear once the itunes stuff is sorted?

Bolt-01

I believe the RSS droid is still being unpacked and assembled...

(Molch-R says so in the opening post)

Keef Monkey

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 22 January, 2015, 11:35:53 AM
I believe the RSS droid is still being unpacked and assembled...

(Molch-R says so in the opening post)

Ah cool, saw that but wasn't sure if it was the same thing. Good stuff!

robert_ellis

Great podcast - Colin's comments had me flipping back through America and seeing it with new eyes. Long may these podcasts continue.

oshii

I really enjoyed this.  Hope it lasts beyond the 6 weeks Molch-R was talking about....and would really, really love to hear John Wagner as a future guest.

Molch-R

Quote from: oshii on 22 January, 2015, 03:03:32 PM
I really enjoyed this.  Hope it lasts beyond the 6 weeks Molch-R was talking about....and would really, really love to hear John Wagner as a future guest.

The plan is to have six initial fortnightly episodes to coincide with editions of the Mega Collection, then - and only if the format proves itself worth continuing with - it would shift to a monthly series with a more general 2000 AD focus.

oshii

Quote from: Molch-R on 22 January, 2015, 03:05:17 PM
The plan is to have six initial fortnightly episodes to coincide with editions of the Mega Collection, then - and only if the format proves itself worth continuing with - it would shift to a monthly series with a more general 2000 AD focus.

Sounds good to me.  Personally, I think the format - informed host talks to talented creators about 2000AD - works just fine (what's not to like?), so for me it'll come down to who's available to appear on it.  Colin and Douglas were a great start - both hugely interesting and engaging.   You were alright as well, I suppose.

jabish

TordelBack

That was great stuff - perfect mix of guests in Colin and Douglas.  I almost said 'looks like Molcher missed his vocation', but it's more a case that he found it.

Colin YNWA

Very enjoyable listen. As has been said a good balance and some nice insight... line on their head huh... well its obvious now...

Keep it up and I'll be there.

Dandontdare

How do I listen to this on my i-pod? I can get it to play on my PC and I've signed up for 'soundcloud' (whose search function then disavows any knowledge of anything with 200ad in title), but how do I transfer it to i-tunes?

I, Cosh

Quote from: Dandontdare on 23 January, 2015, 09:35:38 PM
How do I listen to this on my i-pod? I can get it to play on my PC and I've signed up for 'soundcloud' (whose search function then disavows any knowledge of anything with 200ad in title), but how do I transfer it to i-tunes?
There's a download link on the original page Molch-R linked which lets you grab the mp3. You should then be able to transfer this into iTunes as normal.

By a strange coincidence, if I search 2000 ad (with the space) on Soundcloud, the first result is somebody I'm aware of from another forum.
We never really die.

Richmond Clements

Mmmm. I dunno. It's not a real 2000AD podcast unless you have some ill informed arse complaining that Molcher can't do his job and Rennie is shite.