Main Menu

Bowie Trivia

Started by ThryllSeekyr, 12 January, 2016, 12:12:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThryllSeekyr

These are quoted from Jareth the Goblin King/Labyrinth.....

Jareth: You remind me of the babe.
Goblin: What babe?
Jareth: The babe with the power.
Goblin: What power?
Jareth: The power of voodoo.
Goblin: Who do?
Jareth: You do.
Goblin: Do what?
Jareth: Remind me of the babe.

That I was trying to remember before.

They're not entirely original, but either whoever wrote the lines for that film or Mister Bowie himself immortalised those lines as his own.

So that's kind of cool.

I never thought it was incriminating and you may find out from which other old film that came from here.

Here is that film-clip taken from the movie.

Misanthrope

A copy of the Judge Dredd  role playing game appears in Sarah's bedroom in Labyrinth.
Did you know Christ was a werewolf?

ThryllSeekyr

You almost had me with that one....in fact I may still check You-Tube for that.

ThryllSeekyr

Oh you weren't kidding either!

Looks more like the Board game though

Speaking of which, I have one of the earlier Judge Dredd RPG manuals and the latest published Mongoose.

Sorry to be that guy, but it sounds so out of character that girl considering what else is found in her bedroom. Then again, there are some exceptions.

sheridan

Yep - as both the boardgame and the role playing game live on my shelf, I can confirm that the red logo on yellow background is the boardgame.  The RPG is red and yellow (with a gold shield) on black background.

ThryllSeekyr

I was thinking of these of theses...

One of which I brought from a comic bookstore down south very cheaply. From which I was provided with hours of informtainment while living rough in Sydney

When began imagine sort type computer game where you could build you own Mega-City populate with the famous characters from the book.

The book was pretty worn though and I purchased another through Ebay in near mint condition along with

The books aren't with me now, I vividly remember carrying these into the other house I'm moving into.

I once did have plans to own every board game related to 2000AD, and so far only bothered to buy tow of them....

I only remember one clearly called Block-Wars....

And the other I have no recollection of it.

Because they are not where I thought I left them and it odes look like somebody walked into our house and into my room and did a snatch n grab while I wasn't looking.

It's the home violation that really hurts and the fact that people in my family are not going to support my fears and accusations.

Yet, they probably thought I wasn't using those any way and decided to relieve me of their burden .

I also had my sights set on a near mint Rogue Trooper board game , but I lost interest in getting any more of those, because I don't have any friends that do that and I'm bound some of the tiny pieces of cardboard.

James Stacey

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 12 January, 2016, 10:59:56 PM
Oh you weren't kidding either!

Looks more like the Board game though

Speaking of which, I have one of the earlier Judge Dredd RPG manuals and the latest published Mongoose.

Sorry to be that guy, but it sounds so out of character that girl considering what else is found in her bedroom. Then again, there are some exceptions.

Seeing as all the characters in the Labyrinth have some connection to items in Sarah's bedroom, that could have led to the film going in a completely different direction ... creep.

ThryllSeekyr

Yeah, they're all dolls or some of them are from the inhabitants of the world of Labyrinth.

The Judge Dredd board game is a nice Easter Egg put on that shelf by someone in that production or behind the production most likely. They must have been a tooth collector.

Depending on how obvious it was that could be seen there might have altered the premise of the story from Sarah banishing her baby brother for the hell of it to doing that because she coveted his board game.

Perp!!!!

richerthanyou

Block mania looks fun! I will be sure to pick up a copy should I ever stumble across one.
(  ゚,_ゝ゚)   

ThryllSeekyr

Try Ebay, I saw at least one selling they're still in it's shrink wrap. very rare for a old game.

ThryllSeekyr

Both of those have ben found :)

Ghost MacRoth

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 15 January, 2016, 02:55:35 AM
They must have been a tooth collector.

Nope.  They MAY have been, but not must.  I've dressed all kinds of crazy shit onto sets over  the years, sometimes as a wee in joke for me and my mates, sometimes to help establish a character, but mostly just because that's what was there to put in.  I'd like to think you are right, and it was a very deliberate placing, but I have to point out that there's at least as much chance they found it cheap in a charity shop at the time. ;)
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!