Main Menu

Best Album/Single Cover?

Started by richerthanyou, 10 April, 2016, 04:47:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

M.I.K.

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 11 April, 2016, 09:15:34 AM
I had so much fun finding all the Easter Eggs in the hieroglyphics.

Yep...

(Just realised that the picture above takes up 6.66 kilobytes. Not sure if I should be amused or concerned.)

NapalmKev

Napalm Death - Utilitarian. The sharp-eyed amongst you may notice a 2000AD reference.

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

SpongeJosh

Quote from: NapalmKev on 11 April, 2016, 05:59:24 PM
Napalm Death - Utilitarian. The sharp-eyed amongst you may notice a 2000AD reference.

Cheers
Go on Kev, tell us. Iv been looking for so long i have started to put wear on the CD case.

NapalmKev

Quote from: SpongeJosh on 11 April, 2016, 09:12:25 PM

Cheers
Go on Kev, tell us. Iv been looking for so long i have started to put wear on the CD case.

It was a bit vague but on the left-hand side there are a couple of "Mr Overdrives".

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

SpongeJosh

Quote from: NapalmKev on 12 April, 2016, 08:39:50 AM
Quote from: SpongeJosh on 11 April, 2016, 09:12:25 PM

Cheers

It was a bit vague but on the left-hand side there are a couple of "Mr Overdrives".

Cheers
Thanks for that. :thumbsup:

O Lucky Stevie!

You are all wrong.

The best album cover of all time is the 1990 self-titled debut from Melbourne duo Crent.

"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

sheridan

Even though I don't own it, I've always liked the cover to Goo by Sonic Youth - gives off a real Love and Rockets (the comic, not the band) crossed with Shade: the Changing Man (the Peter Milligan / Chris Bachalo version) vibe.

Supreme Pizza Of The DPRK

DrRocka

Two pages in and nobody's mentioned Jeff Wayne's War Of The Worlds???
Never ever bloody anything ever

Definitely Not Mister Pops

You may quote me on that.

JOE SOAP

Satanist

Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Zarjazzer

Courtesy of the fabulous though less updated than it used to be retrospace.org site.

Rock on dudes!

The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: sheridan on 03 September, 2016, 12:36:36 PM
Even though I don't own it, I've always liked the cover to Goo by Sonic Youth - gives off a real Love and Rockets (the comic, not the band) crossed with Shade: the Changing Man (the Peter Milligan / Chris Bachalo version) vibe.

You really should own it its a MAGNIFICENT record, not their best, but bloomin' great and of course inspiration for this very old art comp entry

JLC