Main Menu

Help me Hive Mind, you're my only hope...

Started by Bolt-01, 22 August, 2018, 09:37:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolt-01

... and here I am asking for help because I'm at work and an artist on a strip has asked about ref.

Can anyone conform for me that TEK judges have two std pads (no eagle) and that the badge says 'TEK'?

Please and Thankyou.

Frank

There's no standard uniform for any of the departments, other than street judges. Even the SJS are always fannying around with skulls and asymmetrical eagles. Here's Tek Judge Brufen getting his in Oz:

https://i.imgur.com/klZIgNp.png

Greg M.

On the other hand, when introduced, Brufen has a hexagonal badge that says Tek in a black circle, worn centrally. Both shoulder pads are non-eagle.

Bolt-01

Cheers chaps- I'd thought it was like this.

TordelBack

Quote from: Greg M. on 22 August, 2018, 10:19:09 AM
On the other hand, when introduced, Brufen has a hexagonal badge that says Tek in a black circle, worn centrally. Both shoulder pads are non-eagle.

Arguably there are two Brufens. Since he looked entirely different and died twice. And more pertinently, he's a Dept head rather than a rank-and-file Tek, so not the best guide.  But then Stitch, of Mechanismo fame, rocked something similar.

I'd go with the full Carlos meself - rounded pads and soft helmet with goggles, as seen in The Starborn Thing.  Dillon's Tek Judge Cassidy in Cry of teh Werewolf just had a green smock with his name on it. McCarthy's teks on Atlantis (and in Oz) had mad helmets with any number of lenses, aerials and servo arms

Or to put it another way, as long as its distinct from street uniforms, you just can't go wrong.

sheridan

Quote from: TordelBack on 22 August, 2018, 11:45:41 AM
Arguably there are two Brufens. Since he looked entirely different and died twice. And more pertinently, he's a Dept head rather than a rank-and-file Tek, so not the best guide.  But then Stitch, of Mechanismo fame, rocked something similar.

Died twice?  Don't remember that!

I'd go with the full Carlos meself - rounded pads and soft helmet with goggles, as seen in The Starborn Thing.  Dillon's Tek Judge Cassidy in Cry of teh Werewolf just had a green smock with his name on it. McCarthy's teks on Atlantis (and in Oz) had mad helmets with any number of lenses, aerials and servo arms

I'm surprised that Cassidy wasn't a med-judge rather than tek-judge - guess there's some overlap in some areas...

TordelBack

Quote from: sheridan on 22 August, 2018, 12:53:11 PM
Quote from: TordelBack on 22 August, 2018, 11:45:41 AM

Died twice?  Don't remember that!

I exaggerate - he died during Oz,  but was still alive and on the Council when Dredd resigns in Tale of the Dead Man. I'm only assuming he died in the Big Nec cos he doesn't appear again...  It is also quite hard to reconcile the older spindly Robinson Brufen with the bulky McCarthy version,  who looks more like one of his successors,  McTighe.

Funt Solo

A quick googolplex threw up some interesting results:

The Carlos Tek-minion:

The mini:

The Chief-Tek Full Regalia by Robinson:

The "I don't know where this is from" Tek-helmet:

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

TordelBack

sheridan

Quote from: Funt Solo on 22 August, 2018, 05:09:25 PM
The "I don't know where this is from" Tek-helmet:

Never seen that one before - commission, perhaps, or spot illo for Arkensword?

Richard

I wouldn't use Brufen as a reference because (1) he was a head of division and (2) heads of divisions haven't worn breastplates since Necropolis (1990).

Every artist has his own interpretation. As long as you can tell it's not a street judge it doesn't really matter.

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

sheridan

Quote from: Proudhuff on 09 October, 2018, 04:46:58 PM
Tek Judges make their own uniforms  :-X

They don't get awarded their full eagle when they graduate - they have to make the other half!

Bolt-01

Hey there, Squaxx!

Got a question for the wise hive.

Sugar is illegal in the big Meg, so what 'is' used? I'd hate to have to use 'Aspartame' when there must be a much more MC-1 term out there. But I can't remember it for the life of me.

Help?