Main Menu

The Rise and Fall of the Trigan Empire limited hardcover announced

Started by IndigoPrime, 01 November, 2019, 12:29:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Monarch

sooo whens that chris weston one availible same as the normal one?

I, Cosh

Quote from: The Monarch on 24 November, 2019, 01:13:45 PM
Might have misunderstood but I think that one is only available from Forbidden Planet. So whenever they get stock in, I guess.
We never really die.

Tomwe

Quote from: The Monarch on 24 November, 2019, 01:13:45 PM

29 March 2020. You can preorder it here

rs_jr

how many books will be needed to collect he whole series?

On the amazon page the back of the book says its the first volume collecting all the stories done by Lawrence, is this just for the Trigan Empire or all other stories done by Lawrence ?

Jade Falcon

The Don Lawrence Collection books were rather thin, but they were Broadsheet size books almost, about the same size as the Hawk Publishing Dan Dare books.

I really hope more than the Don Lawrence books get done if these are succesful as I want to see the other stories.  Up till now, bar buying the magazines, the Don Lawrence collection books are the only ones that were unedited.  The original Hamlyn book and even the Hawk Publishing book years back had large parts cut from the stories.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

rs_jr

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

73north

Quote from: rs_jr on 28 November, 2019, 07:40:27 PM
how many books will be needed to collect he whole series?

On the amazon page the back of the book says its the first volume collecting all the stories done by Lawrence, is this just for the Trigan Empire or all other stories done by Lawrence ?

Just confirm - there will be 4 Volumes of the Trigan Empire - see the link for confirmation

https://forbiddenplanet.com/290197-rise-fall-of-the-trigan-empire-volume-1/

broodblik

The second volume is scheduled for November and will be 288 pages
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Tjm86

Suppose if it is just 4 volumes then there is a reasonable chance that Rebellion will do all four in hardback as well.  Then again it is a bit of a challenge to figure out the thinking behind their publishing decisions at times.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Tjm86 on 26 January, 2020, 04:12:09 PMThen again it is a bit of a challenge to figure out the thinking behind their publishing decisions at times.
It all comes down to the likelihood of people buying stuff. There's no point in creating beautiful books if they don't sell, and Brits don't tend to buy a lot of hardcovers. (Personally, I'd much prefer HC collections from Rebellion, and especially of the sort Image does – no dust jacket; oversized; 300-odd pages. However, the market's seemingly not interested. At least Rebellion's often catering for the hardcore with the limited-run hardcovers, although I do get the impression that Nemesis one caught them by surprise.)

CalHab

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 27 January, 2020, 10:30:53 AM
At least Rebellion's often catering for the hardcore with the limited-run hardcovers, although I do get the impression that Nemesis one caught them by surprise.)

It shouldn't have! The reproduction on the Nemesis phone books is not good, so as well as the normal demand for specials there are a lot of people who would like a good version of some classic stories.

I'm still irritated about the way Rebellion put those out.

IndigoPrime

It's always a crapshoot. Still, it could be worse. Dark Horse, in its infinite wisdom, put out the first Usagi Yojimbo collection as a limited run of 950, and subsequent ones as 1500. So that means 550 people can never have a complete collection.

CalHab

Yeah, that sounds daft! Rebellion do normally seem on top of these things, they just made an absolute hash of that one. The fact their PR announcement seemed to exist solely on Facebook also irritated me a lot.

IndigoPrime

The announcement was first on the email list, which is the best bet to hear about things immediately, and only then went to social media. But people were heard on this, which is also why we've been using the forum's announcement thread for press release material as well.