Main Menu

Albums of the Year 2020

Started by Barrington Boots, 19 November, 2020, 11:44:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnetica

Quote from: dweezil2 on 01 December, 2020, 09:28:38 PM
Quote from: Barrington Boots on 30 November, 2020, 09:29:11 AM
Quote from: dweezil2 on 29 November, 2020, 11:43:28 AM
Iron Maiden released the simply magnificent live album, Nights Of The Dead, Legacy Of The Beast Live In Mexico City which must rank as one of their best (up the Irons!!).

Agree on this, it's a brilliant live album. Good to hear stuff like The Clansman live as well instead of a lot of the usual suspects. Wasn't out when I posted my list else it'd have been on it for sure.

Quote from: dweezil2 on 29 November, 2020, 11:43:28 AMThunder

... :o

Glad you enjoyed the Maiden album as much as me, dude!!!

Give the Thunder album Robert Johnson's Tombstone a go, an absolute corker!  :thumbsup:

I'm a big Maiden fan too - the new live album seems to be getting roundly criticised on various Iron Maiden Facebook groups. That has put me off buying it, but then again I only have two of the many they have released over the years (Live After Death and Rock in Rio).

Barrington Boots

I haven't seen this but I am not big in social media. Why has it taken a kicking, out of interest?

I find live albums are often a bit pants in general, but I listened to this one online a few times first before investing in it.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Colin YNWA

I assume the correct answer to this is 'Future Teenage Cave Artists' by Deerhoof, cos ya know Deerhoof. But I've not got around to buying it so some reason*.

*That reason being I'm a bloody idoit!

Magnetica

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 08 December, 2020, 01:02:48 PM
I haven't seen this but I am not big in social media. Why has it taken a kicking, out of interest?

I find live albums are often a bit pants in general, but I listened to this one online a few times first before investing in it.

I've not seen an actual reason given. The analysis was at the level "it's not very good". 😉

low down dirty drokker

Billy nomates-No
Bill Fisher- mass hypnosis and the dark triad
Anything by the church of the cosmic skull.
Ian brown- ripples
The weeknd- after hours.
And finally...colour comics suck... Bring back black and white..

MumboJimbo

I've been enjoying the album Sugungga by South Korean band LEENALCHI. They've had their songs used in a great tourism campaign recently: https://youtu.be/ePrDTbeq5ws

The Mind of Wolfie Smith

Galore by Oklou

Transcendent, sad, beautiful and bewitching. I needed this album this autumn, it being 2020 and all that. And all the year's horribly familiar constrictions slipped away ...

Barrington Boots

Barrington Boots

Quote from: MumboJimbo on 13 December, 2020, 06:06:06 PM
I've been enjoying the album Sugungga by South Korean band LEENALCHI. They've had their songs used in a great tourism campaign recently: https://youtu.be/ePrDTbeq5ws

..wow... This is truly nuts and well worth worth a watch / listen.

norton canes

1. ATNA - Made By Desire
2. Belbury Poly - The Gone Away
3. Cabaret Voltaire - Shadow of Fear
4. Purity Ring - Womb
5. Mentrix - My Enemy My Love