Main Menu

Does My Figure look big in this?

Started by Trooper McFad, 09 April, 2021, 09:48:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trooper McFad

Quote from: lincnash on 03 March, 2023, 07:28:33 PMLooking good T.Mc.F, you'll have to rename him Mini-Frank  :lol:
... or the other Maxi-Styx.

I like mini-Frank - the runt of the litter
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Trooper McFad

Afternoon fellow squaxx. 3rd month of the year and the 3rd figure of the year done.

As always I've shown the figure primed, base coated and finished.

This months figure is back to my bigger 12 inch size and is from another WWE figure off eballs.

I've been wanting to do him for ages and struggled to find the right base figure but at last

BOJEMOI -I give you Nikolai Dante

I was torn to which style to go for as I really like the short haired (John Burns) Dante and it would be different to any official figure should it come out so maybe one for the future! In stead I went for the classic Dante, from "the Great Game" story line drawn by Simon Fraser.

I purchased a 1/6th scale musket from eballs which cost as much as the base figure but theres no way I would have got the shape as accurate as the bought gun. It also saved a lot of time sculpting. I went for the full gun sling rather than the "half one" that is sometimes drawn as I prefer it.

The crests on his collar and arm were challenging to my shakey painting but after a few wipe offs I'm happy enough with the results. I'm also happy with his curtians (Hair) which I had to add.

As you may notice I've allowed movement in his head and arms just so i can pose him slightly different after every dust. Though the movement is tricky because if you don't leave enough space the movement scrapes away the paint.  :(

I also decided to have his sword as a removable piece for the same reason of making the figure different every so often.

Overall I'm chuffed I've done my favourite modern tooth character at last (and i might just do a short haired version in the future).

Any way still busy with my next figure who is currently in the prog - this should be done by the end of April.

Barrington Boots

You're a dark horse, Boots.

Illyana

Oh my gosh look what you did! I love the detail on the jacket. The hair is fantastic.

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Trooper McFad

I'm glad he's appreciated - like all the others I have doubts once they are finished but once on display standing next to each other they look pretty good.

lincnash

I would definitely be in the minority around here as I liked the initial Nikolai series but found the later stories a bit dull.
Although that headsculpt looks like a very accurate representation of N.D. in statue/action figure form.
As always, great work on those custom figures Trooper McFad.
I don't know how you find the time to be putting a new figure out each month but keep up the good work.
 :)

Trooper McFad

Lincnash I'm sure nobody will hold it against you not getting Dante right through- don't shout it out but I have never been a Judge Death fan and never got into Nemesis hence a lack of Figures.

To get one a month I am continually working on at least 2 or 3 figures at a time which means I can do a bit at a time on each figure so in an hour or so it's amazing how much you can progress the models over a few weeks. If all goes well I've got enough to see me through to July. Which means I have to find some more base figures clay/milliput and skulpty.

Are you progressing on your next figure or still loitering in toy shops😂😂😂

JohnW

Just as with your Dirty Frank, the WWE heritage is visible in your Dante's hefty shoulders. Mind you, I don't think the real Nikolai would mind, and I'd bet the grizzled Nikolai of the later stories would kill for hair that good.
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

Trooper McFad

ood day all Squaxx

Well that's Easter now past and the nights are getting lighter. We are into the 4th month of the year and I'm keeping up with my 1 a month (personal) challenge in producing a Tooth character in glorious 3D.

For this one I haven't used a base model and went back to Sculpey for my most ambitious sculp yet.
As always these are Characters I love reading in the prog or Meg.

This month I give you my version of Noam Chimpsky.
Now the boring stuff-
Using wire and kitchen foil I formed the initial body shape and layered the Sculpey over the top. The head I did separately and added on after baking.
To attach it to the stand I drilled holes into his hand and feet and pinned it. I did the same with his rucksack.
Hopefully I've captured enough details to pass him off as Chimpsky.

A further plea to anyone who has done anything similar and created anything 2000AD in 3D (that's not commercial)
I know we have a talented lot out there and it should be shared.

Enjoy Chimpsky

Barrington Boots

This is amazing mate!
Serious skills going on here.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Colin YNWA

JohnW

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 17 April, 2023, 09:50:03 AMmy most ambitious sculp yet.
Sometimes ambition pays off.
Damn fine piece of work, Trooper – and from scratch, no less!
Lovely bit of painting and all.
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

Trooper McFad

Thanks Guys it seems my ambition for building from scratch only goes so far as Robots & Animals! (currently working on another robot 😁)

Dark Jimbo

:lol: Chimpsky is amazing!

What size is he?
@jamesfeistdraws