Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The Out - coming October 2022  (Read 1829 times)

IndigoPrime

• Administrator
  • CALL-ME-KENNETH!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.craiggrannell.com
Re: The Out - coming October 2022
« Reply #15 on: 01 December, 2022, 08:39:51 AM »
A pity it wasn’t the first balloon on the previous page, which wouldn’t have mattered. Oh well. I guess someone had plonked this one on the wrong layer. Maybe we should go old-school, like in the days of game mags, with a cut-out-and-stick-on balloon to fix things!

Here’s one: https://snubcommunications.com/junk/the-out-balloon.png

(Decided not to embed here, because it’s a tiny bit spoilery.)

13school

• Page Numbering Droid
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 02 December, 2022, 03:32:27 AM »
Thanks! I was thinking exactly this - now to find some of that vinyl sticker printer paper.

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

• Posting Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 02 December, 2022, 07:52:18 AM »
If someone does actually print one of these on appropriate sticket paper at the appropriate size, could I humbly ask for them to send me one too? I have no printer, no laptop, and after buying the webshop hardback I'd prefer it to be 'complete'.

Plus, it'd remind me of the sticker activity books I used to do with the kids when they were young- and I kinda miss them.

I would be eternally grateful! (and I'm sure such magnanimous efforts would be noticed when the KTT scores are totted up).

SBT

JWare

• Sentient Tea Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 15 December, 2022, 08:32:36 PM »
All done.
Speech bubble printed on regular printer paper, cut out, and carefully affixed to the page with nothing fancier than sellotape. A crude fix, but workable. The book couldn’t have been preserved in its pristine condition anyway and better a slightly blemished but readable page than a pretty page with a piece of the story missing.
Bloody good thing I’m not a proper collector.
(Emboldened, I went and fixed a similar error in the Hachette Fiends of the Eastern Front too. Call me a philistine, but all I want is a story I can read.)
**stands his ground with a truculent expression, daring anyone to call him a philistine**
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything?