Main Menu

What does Garth Ennis have up his sleeve...?

Started by Dandontdare, 27 January, 2022, 11:50:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Bad City Blue

Ennis and Holden is a must buy anyway, but I usually wait for the trade if multi part
Writer of SENTINEL, the best little indie out there

pauljholden

Four issues. 40 pages per issue. Oversized (physically larger than most comics)

Proudhuff

Quote from: pauljholden on 15 February, 2022, 11:28:34 AM
Glad everyone seemed to enjoy stringbags - THE LION AND THE EAGLE IS IN COMIC SHOPS ON WEDNESDAY! 40 PAGES, OVERSIZED! JUNGLE WARFARE!

Now looking forward to my trip to FP tmw....
DDT did a job on me

broodblik

You guys will also find an excellent article related to The Lion and the Eagle in the current Megazine (#441). It looks fantastic and I believe it will be a worthwhile one to add to your collection.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Barrington Boots

Read this today. It's great. Love the size of it too, accentuates the (lovely) art and makes it feel like something a bit special.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Proudhuff

The Loin and the Eagle has a lovely feel to it and the art looks great at this slightly larger size.
Colours and text are all non-intrusive, but it is the story telling that really shines.
You hardly notice its a massive info dump mostly talking heads: the rhythm, tone and subject matter all keep you hooked, there are a couple of shocking images and surprises, real WTF moments, highly recommended.   
DDT did a job on me

Dandontdare

Quote from: Proudhuff on 17 February, 2022, 03:46:08 PM
The Loin and the Eagle has a lovely feel to it

That's a different publication entirely

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Lorenzo

Quote from: Richard on 02 February, 2022, 09:52:19 PM
Speaking of Ennis, has anyone read Sara? It's brilliant.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/5-thoughts-sara-by-garth-ennis-steve-epting-elizabeth-breitweiser/

If anyone is looking for an excuse to get themselves another Christmas present, then I can definitely recommend the Deluxe edition of Sara. It's absolutely fab! Beautifully bound with a die cut cover, edge painted pages and an Obi strip on the rear cover, it really does look deluxe!

Proudhuff

And we have an up and coming Rogue by Ennis too!
DDT did a job on me

JohnW

Quote from: Lorenzo on 17 December, 2022, 03:29:46 PM
Quote from: Richard on 02 February, 2022, 09:52:19 PM
Speaking of Ennis, has anyone read Sara? It's brilliant.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/5-thoughts-sara-by-garth-ennis-steve-epting-elizabeth-breitweiser/

If anyone is looking for an excuse to get themselves another Christmas present, then I can definitely recommend the Deluxe edition of Sara. It's absolutely fab!
I read this in paperback when it first appeared. I'm always somewhat ambivalent about Ennis, but he's come up with some superb war stories down the years. I didn't like this as much as his Anna Kharkova trilogy, but that could just be me and not the story. The art here is top notch, mind. The establishing panel of the lead character struck me as masterful.
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

Colin YNWA

JohnW

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 17 December, 2022, 04:30:10 PM
Yep with Patrick Goddard who I think will be fantastic on Rogue.
No arguments there.
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!