Main Menu

The 10,000 Disasters of Dort - coming May 2023

Started by Dash Decent, 12 July, 2022, 02:33:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dash Decent

The 10,000 Disasters of Dort - Paperback, 4th May 2023
By Mike Butterworth
Art: Jose Gonzalez, Jose Ortiz

"The aliens from Dort of lost their world and now they want Earth!

It is the year 2000. In fifty years' time the planet Dort will collide with its sun and be destroyed. Ratta, the dictator of Dort has chosen Earth as a new home for his people. But first he is creating ten thousand disasters to wipe out all human life!

Only Britain's best scientist, Professor Mike Dauntless, has the mind and spirit to stop Ratta from destroying humankind."
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Jim_Campbell

If that's not a Staz Johnson cover, I'll eat someone else's hat.*

*My hat was very expensive and probably doesn't taste very nice.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Tjm86

Don't recommend mine, not after all the sweat that's accumulated the last few days!

paddykafka

Wowsa! Some really nice artwork there.

Funnily enough, here in Murphyville, the word "Dort" is viewed with some amusement, as it is the stereo-typical pronunciation of "Dart" by a certain, posh sub-section of the Dublin populace. (Generally used in reference to the electric rail system - Dublin Area Rapid Transit - that runs along part of the Irish Coast, and either borders or passes through some of the more expensive real estate in the country.)

Colin YNWA

Another one I've never heard of. Boy the Treasury really is a voyage of discovery!

The Corinthian

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 12 July, 2022, 03:06:13 PM
Another one I've never heard of. Boy the Treasury really is a voyage of discovery!

I had heard of it but it seems a bit of an obscure choice given that we haven't seen Robot Archie or Kelly's Eye or Spellbinder books yet.

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

I have SO not heard of it, I genuinely thought for a moment that Rebellion were doing an original graphic novel. Looks fab though!

SBT

O Lucky Stevie!

Blimey. Talk about thing that a squaxx hasn't thought about since the 1970s. It's not a strip that looms as large in memory of this avid Lion reader as Adam Eterno, Mowser, Robot Archie, Spellbinder, The Steel Commando, personal favourite Sark the Sleeper, or the dreaded Zip Nolan. What does spring in mind is that neither Dort nor any of his titular 10,000 disasters felt sufficiently sfnal to hold this five year old's attention. But then again, both Invasion & Dredd were subsequently met with similar disinterest.

Art by Jose Ortiz? SOLD.
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Tiplodocus

Be excellent to each other. And party on!