Main Menu

Prog 2310 - High Plains Shifter

Started by broodblik, 30 November, 2022, 04:38:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tjm86

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 08 December, 2022, 10:38:52 AM
No Progs delivered today, posties striking again tomorrow so that's two weeks late minimum on 2310 and a week on 2311.
Fully behind all our striking workers. Would love a prog though.

ditto ...

Jacqusie

Question is... will the Christmas prog arrive before Christmas?

...at this rate, 2 progs behind I wouldn't bet my house on it.

I reckon the subs progs are still in Oxford, in some great ark boxed up in miles of warehouse racking...

IndigoPrime

My guess is most houses will at some point get a big stack of mail all at once. That happened around here a couple of times. One year, basically all of my Christmas presents showed up on the 23rd. That was fun. (This was in the days when Amazon still used Royal Mail, and I'd bought about half my stuff from that company. It had taken well over a week to arrive.)

nxylas

Quote from: Jacqusie on 08 December, 2022, 07:27:30 PM
Question is... will the Christmas prog arrive before Christmas?

...at this rate, 2 progs behind I wouldn't bet my house on it.

I reckon the subs progs are still in Oxford, in some great ark boxed up in miles of warehouse racking...
They have top droids working on it.
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

Southstreeter

See the missing progs thread - free digital copy from the shop!

Barrington Boots

Still missing the physical copy, but big thanks to Rebellion for issuing the digital versions.

Dredd aside, I didn't enjoy this Prog.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Leigh S

Glad I bought a copy now as I am calling this one AWOL. Will probably have to do the same tomorrow if I dont get a batch of post (all my other post has been coming through albeit a few days late).  Shame the strikes didnt hit during the psot end of year prog lull!

Richard

I think Nick Dyer has done his best work in this prog!

Tomontherun94

My copy of 2310 just arrived today so they do actually exist! Now waiting on the next two and this week's Megazine now

Buttonman

Mine just arrived today - most behind the times Prog ever!

The Dredd referenced is 'Block Rite' from Prog 489 by Wager/Grant and Cliff Robinson. It's not clear why they didn't used the same characters and blocks - maybe deference to the original creators? Not wanting to upset some ageing Wham! fans? In the Original Crippen of Andrew Ridgely beats Turk from George Michael.

In the end Dredd lets the fight play out to end block tensions and gives both fighters 18 months - which is perhaps another reason for the change as the current pugilists got sentenced to ten years apiece.

IndigoPrime

Finally read it. And... it's OK. The Dredd works well enough. Feels a bit Wagnerish in its callbacks. The Terror Tale did nothing for me. Enemy Earth was quite good but I still have trouble with the art

Hope has totally lost me. I've no idea what's going on and no interest in revisiting. A pity, given how much I liked the first two series. And then there's Fiends, which nicely sets up a new series.

Fiends > Dredd > Enemy Earth > Terror Tales > Hope

Colin YNWA

The great catch begins... and there hangs a problem. Some of the ongoing stories have survived the Royal Mail drought better than others.

Hope has slipped out my noggin and needs a re-read now. The individual episodes are engaging, but feel a bit detached. Which is a real shame. I'm confident a re-read will make it all fall into well ordered place... but need to get to that.

Enemy Earth has its own issues but more to do with the storytelling in the art than anything. The episode itself beyond that was fine.

Then we have the Terror Tale which has major problems on a story that had real potentil somewhere under the convulated story that took a great idea (I think) and strangled the life out of it.

Elsewhere all is well, very well. The teaser episode of Fiends was great and loved Warren Pleeces art, a real flavour change, completely fitting for the change in scene. Loved it.

Dredd - firstly did anyone else get a Chris Weston vibe off Steve Austin's art at times? Its really developing in an interesting way. The story is pure dark Niemand gold. Loved it.

Mixed Prog that I think will be raised in the hope of a re-read. Still very glad to be back on board.